Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone from New Mexico, especially Albuquerque area, is doing the BTC this year? http://www.bicycletourcolorado.com was hoping to meet some people locally who will be going, so I'm not the only person I know there...also possible training partner? or carpooling?

Let me know, if any of this is of interest to you. Ben

·
Registered
53 Posts
I might be interested that sounds like alot of fun. I checked the ride out I dont know if I could ride that any miles in a row. I know i can do all the 60s but that 101 looks a little hard. I did the santa fe century and that was fine but I dont think I could ride 60 miles the next day but lets keep in touch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy resurrected thread Batman! Wow I posted that a loooong time ago :) Since then I've been training for this ride, 30-40 miles a day, and longer rides on weekends. I've got in about 1700 miles so far, plan to have about 2,000 before the ride. I rode to the crest yesterday, 3 hours of pain and suffering ;-) but then a FREAKIN' SWEET 30 minute ride down at 30-45 mph! I'm doing the Albuquerque century this coming weekend, and I'm bookending it with a 75 mile ride on Friday, and a 50 mile ride on Sunday. Starting to really look forward to this week of riding in the rockies.

Anyway enough of me tooting my own horn. Shoot me an e-mail if you might be interested in doing it next year, it would make training a lot more fun if I had someone who was training for the same thing, and I'm going to try and go again next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts