·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Yep, I'm having the salmon.

·
Bamboozled by love...
417 Posts
Nope, but

They played at my college (Hamilton in upstate NY) every month or two in 88 and 89 when they were still a 'local college band' from VT. They'd usually play the coffee house in the arts center (c'mon where else would they have played, really???) to a crowd of 150-200 people. Great shows, they were totally accessible to chat before & after the shows, and while I'm NOT into the Dead or their ilk, I have to say Phish is what the Dead would be if they could actually play their instruments -- Those boys from VT are VERY accomplished musicians. Now if only something could be done about their smelly, dirty fans...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mleptuck said:
They played at my college (Hamilton in upstate NY) every month or two in 88 and 89 when they were still a 'local college band' from VT. They'd usually play the coffee house in the arts center (c'mon where else would they have played, really???) to a crowd of 150-200 people. Great shows, they were totally accessible to chat before & after the shows, and while I'm NOT into the Dead or their ilk, I have to say Phish is what the Dead would be if they could actually play their instruments -- Those boys from VT are VERY accomplished musicians. Now if only something could be done about their smelly, dirty fans...
Yeah I saw them in the early 90s at the CU Fieldhouse for a crowd of a few hundred--they had just released Rift.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
It's Friday. Pizza and wine is about it. That and throw the skis in the truck for tomorrow morning.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
I like Phish but my son loved them. He spent most of a summer following them around the country about 10 years ago. Sold grilled cheese and water in the parking lots to fund the trip. I'm sure he'll always look back on that time fondly. I'd see 'em but not half way across the country. I did see the Dead several times. Once saw them a Friday in Madison and Saturday in Minnesnapolis. That was a great trip! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

BTW, why the scowling rabbit?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Mel Erickson said:
I like Phish but my son loved them. He spent most of a summer following them around the country about 10 years ago. Sold grilled cheese and water in the parking lots to fund the trip. I'm sure he'll always look back on that time fondly. I'd see 'em but not half way across the country. I did see the Dead several times. Once saw them a Friday in Madison and Saturday in Minnesnapolis. That was a great trip! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

BTW, why the scowling rabbit?

Sold grill cheeses. Sounds familiar except I did it with the Dead. A long time ago when young and dumb.
I believe that the reason why folks see these type bands/scenes over and over again is because they don't remember the previous show.

Saw Phish once, was not impressed.
Was less impressed with the people that set up next to us. Poor suckers could not figure out how to put their tent up or put together their pack-in-play for the infant child that that brought out to sit in 90+ degree heat as they tried to sell back rubs.

Wilson..... he must have been the one bouncing round the room.
Speaking of that, do you Phish heads really like the band bouncing on exercise trampolines during that song, silly.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Oh, yeah, now I see your avatar message. That is one sick cat.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was a into phish in a past life. I tried really hard to get tickets, mail order and ticketmaster, to any of their comeback shows bellow the mason-dixon. I struck out on all avenues. Back in their previous run I never had a problem getting tickets. My guess is these shows are going to be filled up with a bunch of teenage pot heads who are seeing them for the first time. Then again that was me back in the 90's.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts