Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they holding up? Does the carbon get really scuffed up from clipping in?
I have some time now on my Classic model with RED 9 º cleats and I like these more than my Speedplay Zero pedals, but I want the lighest Keo pedals.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
used them for about a year now.

i think the keo logo in the center of the pedal may have been rubbed away. other than that, they are fine.

my only issue is the cleats wear out too quickly. seems like i go through a set every 3 months. does that sound right? i ride 15-20 hours a week.

·
Banned
608 Posts
I have six or seven thousand miles on a pair. As Shortpull says, the Keo logo on the top and bottom rubs off. I have some scratches and abrasion on the pedal I use most often to clip out for stops; this occurs where the cleat slides across the pedal body as you rotate out and on top of the retention clip. At the current rate of wear the pedals will last tens of thousands of miles before that kind of wear became serious.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've been rocking the Keo Carbons for about 500 miles. I'm starting to notice a little bit of logo rubbing, but I'm really delicate about clipping in - I don't sketch all over the place. Your results may vary. Cleat covers are available and recommended - I'm guessing about 3000 miles on the cleats, but I'll probably know come the end of August.

My only concern with the newer generation of Look pedals is the size of the wrench bore in the spindles. It used to be 6mm, but now its 8mm - this yields a negligibly lighter pedal, but gives less material in the axle. I'm a little concerned about fatigue failure in the pedal spindle - cracks in this part are by no means unheard of. I'm also waiting for Look to release the proper tool to dismantle the pedals and overhaul the bearings, but I'm probably one of the last guys on earth that actually does that kind of maintenance.

In short, unless something catastrophic happens (ie, they snap on me on my morning ride tomorrow) I would definitely ride another set of these things.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a couple of hundred miles at most and the logo on each pedal have rubbed off. Most of the miles have been commuter miles in NYC so there is constant clipping in and clipping out.

Aside from that, nothing wrong with it. However, the cleats are wearing faster than I thought it would even with the use of cleat covers. It could be the constant in and out as well as steeping on the asphalt at traffic lights.

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.