Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Trying to stream the Tour of California coverage. Anyone having any luck. The last update on the play by play seems to be from 12:34 PCT but no live pics.

Chime in if you are having success.

Sean

·
In-House Counsel
579 Posts
Crisi di fame said:
Hi all,

Trying to stream the Tour of California coverage. Anyone having any luck. The last update on the play by play seems to be from 12:34 PCT but no live pics.

Chime in if you are having success.

Sean
From the official site? HA! Hell no. Check this out: http://cbs5.com - live streaming coverage.

And use this for textual commentary - http://live8.cyclingnews.com/?id=latest

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't think so

Yeah, I figured they servers are getting slammed. I'm at a university so I didn't know if I just didn't have the bandwith or not.

Thanks for the news clip though.

Sean

·
In-House Counsel
579 Posts
Crisi di fame said:
Yeah, I figured they servers are getting slammed. I'm at a university so I didn't know if I just didn't have the bandwith or not.

Thanks for the news clip though.

Sean
No, at the top of the CBS page is live streeming of the race live. Almost at the very top, it's in light letters, easy to miss.

It's not because of bandwith, it didn't work for me at university, nor at home.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Dang! Lost the picture! And the big climb is just about to start!!

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
snapdragen said:
Dang! Lost the picture! And the big climb is just about to start!!
They did OK for a while, but then lost the front three (goods shots the next 4, though), lost the picture and could not find the riders for the sprint. - TF

·
In-House Counsel
579 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
They did OK for a while, but then lost the front three (goods shots the next 4, though), lost the picture and could not find the riders for the sprint. - TF
Yea, that turned out to be anticlimatic missing the sprint. Looked like a great stage though, I can't wait for it to be on tv tonight

·
Registered
168 Posts
i was able to see it

i was able to see choppy video with spotty sound on the official site, i'll be sure to check out the CBS site tomorrow.

the coverage on ESPN absolutly sucks, the cameras spent more time looking at the crowds and sky on monday and the late night airing means that unless you have a DVR only west coast folks or extreme night owls will get to see anything.

OLN should have start to finish coverage on this one...with the attention they give to the TDF that is.

·
Cowboy up
3,886 Posts
I think I heard one helicopter pilot mention that there were five helicopters flying at once and a plane

My favorite helicopter pilot lines

Pilot one: There is a Cessna coming into our space
Pilot two: Where is he?
Pilot one: About 500 feet above your head
Pilot two: That suuuucks
Pilot one: He's trying to mow us down
ATC: Sorry I didn’t give you more heads up on that Cessna

Pilot one: Boy they are building a castle down there!
Pilot two: There sure are some nice homes here
Pilot one: You should live here
Pilot two: I wouldn’t like the commute
Pilot one: You could take your copter to work
Pilot two: I’m sure the neighbors out here wouldn’t mind

Pilot one: This is incredible!
[As the video showed the cyclists racing through a winding high speed descent.]
Pilot one: Flying backwards between two helicopters!

Pilot one: Man those guys go fast!
Pilot two: They must be going 70 mph!

·
In-House Counsel
579 Posts
treksngiants said:
Stage 4 interrupted by a funeral? WTF!!!!!!!
That's silly given they could have planned it differently. But interruptions aren't totally out of the ordinary. In the Tour sometimes the peloton will be stopped by trains. They'll have to sit there while the trains go by.

·
Registered
31 Posts
CaseLawZ28 said:
No, at the top of the CBS page is live streeming of the race live. Almost at the very top, it's in light letters, easy to miss.

It's not because of bandwith, it didn't work for me at university, nor at home.
Is there a feed for today's (Friday) stage?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts