Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of joining a ride of theirs on Saturday. It's a 62mi BB ride out of Loudoun HS, and goes up into MD. I'll end up with about 80-85 total, due to the ride from home to Leesburg. Just wondering if anyone here was interested also.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Just figure that it is going to feel something like a mass start race and you will be fine. Don't expect to use the first few miles as a warmup........

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is that? Do these guys like to start a BB ride by pretending they are racing a crit?

I'll already be warmed up from the 10 mile ride to get to their meeting place.

But to be honest, I'm not the type to soft pedal at the beginning of a ride much either, so maybe I'll be okay. I'll bring a cue sheet in case they lose me.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
I'm thinking of joining a ride of theirs on Saturday. It's a 62mi BB ride out of Loudoun HS, and goes up into MD. I'll end up with about 80-85 total, due to the ride from home to Leesburg. Just wondering if anyone here was interested also.

It depends on who shows up.. but I think you will be okay for the most part and it won't be a crit.

Here's the ride class table:

http://www.bikepptc.org/ride_class_table

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.