Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Apa kabar?
269 Posts
Yep!

Just finished college and now I'm a teacher here in Las Cruces. I assume you live here also??? Definitely some good weather to ride in during the winter, but the summers kinda suck. Let me know where you are at.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have lived in Las Cruces for 3 out of the last 4 years. I am finishing school this summer. I just converted from mtn biking. I recently got a road bike, and am looking for someone to ride with and also for some group rides. I don't know a single person who rides in the town. Do you go on any group rides here? I live on the north east side of town, off of Del Ray.

I am back home in chicago for till next wed, When I get back in town I will be riding a lot of miles. I can ride whenever except for a few hours in the afternoon. I am 23 years old and pretty strong. I have lots of experiance on bikes I used to race mtn bikes, but only a few hundread miles on the new road bike.

Thanks for the reply
Mark

· Apa kabar?
269 Posts
there are some pretty strong riders in this town. i know that they zia velo has a group ride every saturday morning, although i've only ridden with them once. i'm 24 years old, but i just got into riding this past year. definitely not as strong as i would like to be. i'm planning on spending some of my summer up in colorado (i'm a teacher), but i should be back down here either mid-july or very early august. right now i tend to ride with just one of my friends from high school, or by myself. i would recommend either getting on www.nmcycling.org, which has a race calendar and also a side tab that will take you to the different clubs in nm, or else going down to outdoor adventures off of missouri and talking to the guys from the shop there. i know that pablo (at that shop) is full of info about people and rides, and he is a strong rider himself. there is also the nm state cycling club team which might be an option as well. if you are wanting to ride later on this summer, just post on here, or send me a private message, and we can get something worked out. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.