Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting out of these freezing temps this weekend and going down to New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Is anyone here from there? Would like to be able to get a ride or two in while I am there. Also, if anyone knows of any group rides I would be interested in that as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
LowCel said:
I'm going to be getting out of these freezing temps this weekend and going down to New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Is anyone here from there? Would like to be able to get a ride or two in while I am there. Also, if anyone knows of any group rides I would be interested in that as well.

Thanks

Try contacting Daytona Bike Shop. The phone number is (386) 673-3870. They are actually up in Ormond Beach, but there used to be really good group rides that left from there. The loop would go north up Beach Street in Ormond up to the northern point of the Volusia State Park, cross the Intercoastal and come back south into town on John Anderson. Otherwise, you can always ride north up A1A. After you get north of Ormond, there is about a 15 mile stretch where it is a state park, so no hotels or houses... until you get into Flagler Beach. It's a pretty good loop too.

There used to be weekend group rides that left from the Ormond Post Office on Granada that would ride north to Palm Coast, and then back... it's a 50 mile ride. Also, call around and see if you can find Rob Kish and ride with him. He's a former RAAM (Race Across America) winner who lives in Port Orange (last I knew) which right outside of New Smyrna.

If none of that helps... call Bob's Bike Shop in Port Orange. Their number is (386)761-4691

Good luck

Russ

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. I will call the different shops on Thursday or Friday once I know exactly what my plans are while I am down there.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

Anyone else around New Smyrna? I'm hear now and plan on trying to get a ride in tomorrow morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts