Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having quite a time installing OSymetric chainrings on my Cannondale CAAD10.

I have no problem with the smaller chain ring, it is in place and has no rubbing. The problem Im having is with the big chain ring, I have to set the limit in such a way that it will shift to the large chainring, but in doing so when it settles it rubs on the inner side of the cage. If I set the limit screw in more, the chain wont shift to the big ring. If I set the limit screw out more (to use the trim function) it dumps the chain to the outside. So Im stuck with a rubbing chain on the big chainring for half of the cassette block which is where I spend 98% of my time.

I contacted OSymetric and they suggested that I put some 18-8 washers between the small chain ring and the crank arm, which I have ordered. I will have to readjust the derailuer (for the 23 billionth time) but right now thats all I have.

Thanks,
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.