Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
Seemed comfortable when I tried them on in the store. They are Performance-only brand, though. I wound up getting some nice Cannondale shoes, which are made by ...forget who.

Honestly, when it comes to shoes, get the best fitting and most expensive ones you can afford. I'm not so sure cat1 would be on my list...

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Everyone I know who has bought them says this...if they fit "these are the best ever" if they don't fit "I f*%king hate these pieces of crap"...That is the honest summary of what i have heard about them.

· Registered
397 Posts
Compared to my Sidis and Lakes, the Cat1's are a big, boxy, and bit heavy. They do not fit snugly and my feet kinda slop around in them. They're okay for the price (stiff carbon sole), but they don't feel as good as my other shoes.

· Registered
8,252 Posts
I've got a pair that I like a lot. I've had them for almost 2 years now and comparing them to other shoes in the price range they had a better quality feel to them and fit my feet well enough that I bought them.

Overall, they have held up just fine and I've had zero problems with them. They have a stiff sole, good feel and work...what more can you really say? If it fits a shoe is a shoe!

Basically if they fit your foot, they should be worth the price....quality wise I've found no problems with them at all.

· i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
I'd be more inclined to go with a lower end Northwave model, like the Revenge maybe. Should be about the same price. Northwaves are great shoes. Very underrated.

Still, shoes are all about fit. They could be $400 DMT's, but if the fit doesn't work with your foot, they are no goo. I'd definitely try them on before you buy. Or at least make sure the return policy is good. That goes for any brand and model.

· Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Seemed comfortable when I tried them on in the store. They are Performance-only brand, though. I wound up getting some nice Cannondale shoes, which are made by ...forget who.

Honestly, when it comes to shoes, get the best fitting and most expensive ones you can afford. I'm not so sure cat1 would be on my list...
I think Diadora makes Cannondale's shoes.

· Registered
339 Posts
I bought the Pricepoint version a year ago and they have been great. They fit fine and have held up as well as any other shoes I've had and the price is very hard to beat.

FYI, if you look closely at the house brand carbon shoes for Performance, Pricepoint, Nashbar, etc you will see they are all the same except for the colors and some details. If that makes a difference to you, check closely to see what strikes your fancy best.

· Registered
3 Posts
CAT1 shoes are fine...

...if the last they are built on fits your foot.

I've had mine over a year now, and they fit me great. The sole is stiff, they breath well, no complaints. Like any other shoe in your life, it's the fit that counts most, not the price or brand. What works for one won't work for another!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.