Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Me too. I thought that since Mr Lance signed w/Disco, they would be picking up some coverage. I thought I remembered that. Or not.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Kram59 said:
Me too. I thought that since Mr Lance signed w/Disco, they would be picking up some coverage. I thought I remembered that. Or not.
Dunno, and now that DishNetwork doesn't carry OLN I have trouble caring. For everybody else's benefit I hope they do though.

Hey Mark, you busy Sunday, about 5:35pm cst?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4bykn said:
Dunno, and now that DishNetwork doesn't carry OLN I have trouble caring. For everybody else's benefit I hope they do though.

When did Dish do that? I looked last year before signing up and they had it.. arghh!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I'll be in a trance in front of the tube.

GO STEELERS!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,714 Posts
mwilcko2 said:
Anyone know if OLN is covering pro cycling this year?
No-but I do **know** that there will be some high-quality bull-r*ding
....I mean afterall we cyclists aresuch a **niche** market:rolleyes:

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
mwilcko2 said:
4bykn said:

When did Dish do that? I looked last year before signing up and they had it.. arghh!
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I got the sattelite last spring mostly to get OLN. They stopped carrying it maybe in October.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
jerman said:
I just heard today that Dish has OLN back. I haven't verified it yet, though.
Cool, I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't seen anything about OLN being back on Dish. The only news I have seen is that two days ago that Dish will be carrying the Lifetime station again. That article mentioned that OLN has been off Dish since October.. didn't say if that would change.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
I think the Giro will be back

At least there was an announcement here in the Italian newspapers that the Italian government and the Giro negotiated a coverage deal with OLN. It is seen as a good vehicle for showing Italy to you guys, and maybe you'll come over here for vacation or riding....

·
Registered
397 Posts
You're not kidding, are you?

merckxman said:
At least there was an announcement here in the Italian newspapers that the Italian government and the Giro negotiated a coverage deal with OLN. It is seen as a good vehicle for showing Italy to you guys, and maybe you'll come over here for vacation or riding....
Don't mess with our heads. OLN hasn't covered the best GT is a couple of years. Last year, we got webcasts with no commentary, whihc was better than nothing, Can you give us details?

·
T.R., conservationist
235 Posts
I checked last night and could not find OLN on Dish.
They added the Oxygen channel which had sextalk with Sue Johanson on.
OK...

guess I'll be swtiching to cable before the Dish contract is out so will have to take a hit there.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Direct TV has it. Dish (currently) doesn't.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
the OLN site doesn't list a schedule yet. i suspect it will focus on the tour de france. the tour de Langkawi has started, OLN use to have some coverage of it, but unless they ride bulls the network isn't interested. Better look for another source. the niche market moves......

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Truth!

I know that the Giro hasn't been covered live (for about 2 years I think). However, the announcement here was that OLN has signed some kind of deal to show the Giro this year. They didn't say, specifically, how it will be shown. I guess it could range from live to some kind of delayed showing. Drop OLN a line and ask.

Last year, from the USA, I watched the Giro everyday via the internet, LIVE, on the RAI website. The broadcast was in Italian but it was a lot of fun to listen to it like that. They joined the race about 0900 to 0930 eastern time and covered the last 2 hours+ of the race daily.

MerckxMad said:
Don't mess with our heads. OLN hasn't covered the best GT is a couple of years. Last year, we got webcasts with no commentary, whihc was better than nothing, Can you give us details?

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Here was the Giro annmt re: OLN made in October 2005

"OLN and Rai Have Race Agreement
Good news for the tifosi Americani, OLN and Rai have signed an agreement for the Giro d'Italia and the Italian classics to be transmitted in the United States. The Rai network, who controls the transmission of most of the Italian races, has agreed to have the TV wave transmission of the three biggest races: Giro d'Italia, Milano-Sanremo and Giro di Lombardia.

There is also a similar transmission agreement with other countries for the transmission: Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany and Japan. "The action that the Giro continues to be transmitted in the USA is of grand importance," said Nicola Cona, administrator of Rai Trade. "... Because it offers the best cyclists of the world and, for Italy, it is a sport that helps tourism."

·
Registered
118 Posts
I get the cheapo cable package which has like 20 channels, most of which are shopping networks. Luckily OLN is one of the 20 channels I do get.

Half the time bull riding is the only good thing on.

But I do hope they show some bike racing this year . . . .

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,740 Posts
My sources say

I heard that OLN dropped Phil and Paul and will broadcast a 5 minute end-of-day wrap up show with commentary by Al Trautwig and Adrian Karstin. I'm joking :)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Let's see if I have this right. American media and "sports" . . .

Lance wins six Tours, so US Postal drops the team. Hey, success just attracts serious sponsorship.

Lance wins seven Tours, OLN puts professional cycling on the US map. Dish drops OLN. The major networks run Oprah, Dr. Phil, Young & Restless, Survivor.

I speak French. Maybe I should move somewhere around Nice, subscribe to L'Equipe, drink wine with my escargot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts