Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone - question in the subject header. I'm considering a 2010 Acura TL and was wondering if anyone owns a 2009 or later model and can comment if a bike fits in the trunk? My frame size is 62 cm. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cargo Area Dimensions

* Trunk Volume (ft³)

Don't know if that'll help any. If you remove the wheels I'd assume it should fit.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I would bet you'll have to take both wheels off

I have a E90 325, which is pretty close but slightly smaller than your car and I can just barely barely barely fit my 58cm road bike in the trunk with the seats folded down and the front wheel removed (it's not an easy task to get that bike in my car)

also, if you haven't purchased it yet, that car looks awful

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2009 Acura TL-SH and you get a bike with the wheels off in the trunk. We have went as far as two frames with the wheels in the back seat if you have to but i would not recommend it.

Roscoe - I think the car is bas ass. I know a lot of people hate the front but you can change it. Heres a pic of mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks beefsks! I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 TL SH-AWD with 6-speed manual, but the trunk was worrying me (and there's no way I'd use a trunk rack :D )

To confirm, is your bike frame size close to 62 cm?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I own one and I load my bike into the backseat with the front wheel off. With the wheel off it fits quite well. That being said I do ride a size 56.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
be sure to check out the incentives going on
I hoped on carsdirect.com and those cars appear to be selling for close to $6k under sticker

·
Registered
9 Posts
My friend rides a 58 cervelo and his fit with room to move. They also make hitches for the TL. I have a thule T2 for my pick-up and I am thinking of putting a hitch on the TL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In my Camry I can fit my bike perfectly fine. I can actually fit two bikes in it. Just take off the front tires, fold the back seats down and put the bike in handles first. With two bikes one goes on the folded seats, other in the trunk, and the tire(s) I just lay on my bike after i cover it with a blanket to help prevent scratches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts