Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, what should I expect there? I'm guessing it'll be a lot of grass, a couple of obstacles, and a lot of beer.

Been to the brewery before, but never the race...

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I'd be tempted for a road trip just for the beer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep...raced there last year and won the M45 race. It was a blast.

Course was virtually all grass. There was one set of double barriers right near the finish / beer tent. There was a short dirt climb a quarter of the way into the circuit followed by a longer off camber grassy climb about mid-lap. They actually ran the course through the beer tent which was a real crowd pleaser. As the day progressed, beer handups were a regular occurence.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
GONE4ARIDE said:
As the day progressed, beer handups were a regular occurence.
That's never a bad thing, atmo.:thumbsup:

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds fun. It's going to be my first cross race, so I'm hoping the atmosphere makes it a thrill.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
dayum

that sounds like a roadtrip
I love Ommegang Portrait Beer
Now how long does it take to drive from San Diego to Cooperstown>>>????

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
atpjunkie said:
that sounds like a roadtrip
I love Ommegang Portrait Beer
Now how long does it take to drive from San Diego to Cooperstown>>>????
Couldja swing by Portland and pick me up, atp?
(Yes, I realize that living in "Beervana" and going to Cooperstown for beer is like leaving the beach to go get some sand- but I do loves me some Ommegang!!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Like last year, this race once again falls on the same weekend as Gloucester. Tough decision: cool grassroots race at awesome brewery vs. New England worlds....

·
Registered
228 Posts
race is a hoot!

very crowd friendly circuit also-you can see almost the entire course. The brewery is a really great place, and there are many fine places for a post race meal downtown. Probably one of the BEST places to bring the entire family for a cross race-and that gives you a DD also. That's a win-win right there.

Just spectacular scenery too!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
GONE4ARIDE said:
Like last year, this race once again falls on the same weekend as Gloucester. Tough decision: cool grassroots race at awesome brewery vs. New England worlds....
A few of the fields are no closed or close to closed at Glawstah....better decide quickly ( or, if you're a 3, it's been decided for you)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts