Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Quarq Cinco is shipping, I was wondering if anyone has received theirs and had the opportunity to try it out? If so, how do you like it? Any problems getting it to work with the Garmin Edge 705? Feel free to share anything else about the Cinco.

· Registered
83 Posts
Also Interested

I, too, am interested to find out who has gotten their Quarq. I've one on order, and I feel like I'm getting close to the 10th week, so I'd like to think I'll have one here soon to try out.

I'm a bit suprised that no one on this board has one or seems much interested in one.

mike

· Registered
68 Posts
morkm,

What head unit are you going to use with your CinQo?

I planning on getting a Garmin Edge 705 and pairing it with a CinQo if it works as promised or maybe a Powertap (I really don't want to be locked into one wheelset).

· Registered
83 Posts
Garmin Edge 705

I went ahead and purchased an Edge to work with the Quarq. I figured I could use it on a trip to Europe.....also thought I could get the street maps when I arrived in Europe, as I got the Garmin just a day or two before the trip. Every shop in Europe said "mail order" so, while in Ireland and on the continent, just had a big blob with the country name on it and the ocean, but no streets whatsoever. Oh well. When I got back home and downloaded to motionbased.com, the correct map information was present, so that was a bonus.

The Edge is pretty neat and I'm liking it more and more. Works great here in the USA with the included street maps card and it's cool to download to motionbased.com. Looking forward to getting the Quarq and seeing what riding and training with power is like.

The package Edge I got has cadence and heartrate. I don't use heartrate, but may start to. Hope the Quarq arrives soon.

mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.