Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember when we built a bike, possibly for Team Collin out of random parts donated by Lounge members?

I wonder where that bike is now...

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Yes, I donated some really nice carbon handlebars, met Hickey out near the airport at a gas station... felt really sketchy like I was doing a drug deal or something.

No idea what became of the bike, didn't it get auctioned?

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah. I donated bb. I think so, I can only assume it was eBay fodder, but thought it was charity.

·
すし + Sweet Potato Kugel
5,846 Posts
All win.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Remember when we built a bike, possibly for Team Collin out of random parts donated by Lounge members?

I wonder where that bike is now...
I seem to remember building that bike. In my basement.

It sold on eBay to anonymous lungers, twice and both of them then refused the bike and put it on eBay to sell the third time. The next lounger to buy it took it to CA and rode it for a bit, also selling rides on it to raise funds for Collin's family. I think the total was around $3000 from eBay and rides.

He then gave the bike to Collin's family. I believe Collin's mom still has it.

I love this place.

Team Collin Ciocc

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reminder. I didn't remember all the issues with the eBay though. But agreed. Love this place, part of reason I'm back!!!

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts

It sold on eBay to anonymous lungers, twice and both of them then refused the bike and put it on eBay to sell the third time. The next lounger to buy it took it to CA and rode it for a bit, also selling rides on it to raise funds for Collin's family. I think the total was around $3000 from eBay and rides.

I love this place.

Team Collin Ciocc
Yeah, I remember when we went to a dinner/ride in Baltimore, you were looking for parts and for some strange reason, I had brakes in my trunk that I had taken off a bike.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Yeah, I remember when we went to a dinner/ride in Baltimore, you were looking for parts and for some strange reason, I had brakes in my trunk that I had taken off a bike.
Actually It was a Front Derailleur IIRC. Thanks again! And that was a FUN evening..

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Actually It was a Front Derailleur IIRC. Thanks again! And that was a FUN evening..
Your memory is better than mine!!!

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bigs and Vaughn are from Balt??? You guys suck ass. I met Arby and markS there and we ended up at a race where lfr was racing. Where were you?

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I'm an idiot, not lfr racing, but vonteity

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
I love this place.

Team Collin Ciocc
This......did it end up with a sterling headbadge on it as well? i know there are a few out there, and the limited edition key fobs.

and lets not forget the second bike (raffle) I won that and realized it was a bit redundant in my stable and forwarded it of to a new winner

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Winter of 2009 and spring/summer/fall 2010 ??

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
then there was this bike build, auctioned off at the MS 150

Bike Raffle

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

I love this place.

Team Collin Ciocc
There were actually several Team Collin bikes built by generous donations from lounge members. None were ever sold on Ebay, they were all sold through an auction process here in teh lounge.

You are correct the 1st bike was actually purchased 3 times, the first two buyers donated the bike back for sale a second and third time. The 2nd bike was a high level Eddie Merckx built full Dura Ace. I am a close friend to the lounge member who donated the full Dura Ace grouppo. That bike eventually sold for $2,800 to a lounge member 'dontbetoomuchofa' who was later band from rbr.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Bigs and Vaughn are from Balt??? You guys suck ass. I met Arby and markS there and we ended up at a race where lfr was racing. Where were you?
I rode with Arby, LFR, and MarkS through the city, out and around and back. Good times. Where were YOU?

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Ok I'm an idiot, not lfr racing, but vonteity
Rode a century through DC with MB1 as our tour guide. Great ride!! Vonteity, J, BikeBoy, LenJ, Nate (I think) and several others.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
There were actually several Team Collin bikes built by generous donations from lounge members. None were ever sold on Ebay, they were all sold through an auction process here in teh lounge.

You are correct the 1st bike was actually purchased 3 times, the first two buyers donated the bike back for sale a second and third time. The 2nd bike was a high level Eddie Merckx built full Dura Ace. I am a close friend to the lounge member who donated the full Dura Ace grouppo. That bike eventually sold for $2,800 to a lounge member 'dontbetoomuchofa' who was later band from rbr.
The Ciocc did sell on eBay.. Twice. But bought by loungers.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Rode a century through DC with MB1 as our tour guide. Great ride!! Vonteity, J, BikeBoy, LenJ, Nate (I think) and several others.
My first Lounge ride was with Len, Nate, BigBill, BikeBOy, GirlyGirl, Zetin, AsciiBaron and a few I can't recall. 1st day out near the bay and the second day started in Georgetown and went out McArthur to Great Falls Park IIRC.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
I have lost count of the number of Loungers I have ridden with, but by now I am pretty sure it is well over 60.The first was hosted by Len in Indy. There were like 26 of us in Indy at Booty the second year weren't there Vaughn? Rode with the "Lounge" Ragbrai team, babysitting and gear transport courtesy of my wife who had NO idea what she was getting into, lol. 3 Chicago rides, I count more than a few here as some of my best friends.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts