Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who remembers the video game Paperboy? So simple yet such a good game. Im just wondering if anyone has ever thought about this game and laughed while riding their bike. Sometimes ill have to dodge a lady getting her mail or something and I laugh when I think of the possibility of the grim reaper stepping out of the next drive way to knock me down. that and the angry lady with the wooden spoon that was so raging when you'd ride past that she would come flying out of the house and chase you while waving the spoon. How about those random twisters that would appear in front lawns? And need I even mention the bmx park at the end of the block?

·
Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
B15serv said:
So who remembers the video game Paperboy? So simple yet such a good game. Im just wondering if anyone has ever thought about this game and laughed while riding their bike. Sometimes ill have to dodge a lady getting her mail or something and I laugh when I think of the possibility of the grim reaper stepping out of the next drive way to knock me down. that and the angry lady with the wooden spoon that was so raging when you'd ride past that she would come flying out of the house and chase you while waving the spoon. How about those random twisters that would appear in front lawns? And need I even mention the bmx park at the end of the block?
Paperboy for the NES was tight! I think of that game whenever I see a dog running straight for me.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
that was a cool game. I used to throw papers by bike when that thing came out...
wish they still had real paperboys. Good way for a kid to earn a few bucks. Instead they have some schmo that drives around the neighborhood like a nut and can't seem to put my paper somewhere other then my lawn :mad2:

I always got the paper to the door.
Sometimes that required i get off the bike, godforbid!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I remember the arcade version too. there were some batting cages near me that had a small arcade in the early 90's and they had a Paperboy standup arcade game that had actual bmx handlebars that you would steer with. The brakes even worked on it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Anyone remember the gurgling noise the game would make when it first started up? It was saying "Paperboy" but you could hardly decipher it. And then whenever Paperboy would get pwned by a dog or R/c car or some old lady or the crazy dude at the funeral home, he would moan something like "oh no" but it was all electronic and gurgly....Hehehe....Another game with stupid audio was "Double Dribble". Man, it would say "Double Dribble!" at the beginning of the game and it was almost unrecognizable!!!

Man, games have come a long way.....Now, you can see nekkid women in them...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahaha I just thought of something. If they remake paperboy you should be able to collect money from your routes and mod your bike. that would be sweeeeeeet. they should also throw in random nyc cops trying to bodycheck you onto the curb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.