Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A LBS employee whom I trust but don't know that well claims they are bombproof. I weigh 200 pounds and am not a good rider: I will be very tough on these wheels. I need to go back tomorrow and find out exactly which model but I think it's the Core AX3.0.

Also, because I'm broke, would people recommend spending $100 to completely respoke a rear wheel (CSC Zipp) that keeps breaking spokes? 4 spokes broken in last 12 rides.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had a set of Topo's and weigh 180, rode the crap out of those things and they did fine. Their Customer Service was great and they replaced one of the wheels when the bearings went out. I'm not an expert on them but I don't think you'd have an issue even with not being a "good" rider. Call Topo and see what they say about using them. Ask the shop if you can try 'em out and see if you like the way they feel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got the CX2.0's and they have been great. Been riding/racing on them for a year now and no problems, the ride is very smooth. They really take that high frequency vibration out of the ride - the kind of stuff that makes your hands/feet go numb.

The Topolinos have taken some very abusive potholes,rocks and a trip into a big gravel ditch and are still true. If they can survive the trip into the ditch they can probably survive anything. I weigh about 163 FYI. I saw a couple sets of the AX3.0's on tandems at the handmade bike show - I think they should hold up pretty well :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. The LBS said the CX2.0's were off-limits to me. I did ride back and confirm that they are pitching the AX3.0's and also for a bout $100 less than what I can find online. Now, how to hide the cost from the girlfriend?...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.