Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a Poprad, only hitch is no LBS has a 49 or 52. I was recently out west and got to try the 49 which felt pretty reasonable but am curious about the 52.
My LBS won't order it without me purchasing....so....
My specs:
Height: 5'7" 1/2
Inseam: just shy of 31
Road bike is a 52 and feels OK, though I think the top tube is a bit short.

According to lemond's formula of inseam x .65 i should be on a 50 roadie which definately puts me on a 49 poprad - confused??

Some sources say to go with road size while others say to size down, so basically i take that to mean do whatever you want.
If anyone is of similar dimensions or can prvide any sizing advice it would be much appreciated. (i know sizing gets discussed ad nauseum but it is nice to hear from those with more experience)

thanks

· Registered
26 Posts
I have a 52

I have a 52 Poprad and I'm 5' 6, also with a 31' inseam.

Before I ordered mine, I talked with my LBS and did lots of research on my own. I'm glad I did, since the 52 was the right size for me. When I'm wearing cycling shoes, I have about 1.5 cm of clearance.

If you race you might want the smaller frame for sharper handling, if not then the 52 would be right for you.

· Registered
819 Posts
I am 5-7, riding the 52. I tried on some 52 from other companies and felt it was right. The toop tube is just under my crotch, but that is because it is straight rather than the slanted tube you find on most road bikes now. I felt the 49 would be too small, but then again I did get a slightly shorter stem than stock with mine.

· Registered
53 Posts
I'm 5'7" with a true inseam of 31" and I own two 49cm Poprads with 100mm stems on them. Personally the 52cm would be WAY to big for me. I would suggest going with the 49cm. My experience is you want more than 1.5cm of clearance even with you riding shoes on. I've worked in bike shops in the past and that is less than recommended by most bike manufacturers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.