Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RC4 or RC5-AL?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one to replae my LS whcih got a small ding on the TT this weekend?

How is the quality and ride of the frame?
How does it compare to the bigger boys?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
DIRT BOY,

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=23649

Some info on a few Blue Competition models.

Not sure what you mean by "the big boys", but if that means larger manufacturers (Trek/Specialized/Cannondale, etc) I would say it's up to par with most Al/Carbon frames on the market, but with a nicer and so far durable paint job. Can't speak for the carbon versions, but I've heard good things about them from folks that sell/own them.

I don't know how it would compare the a LS as I've never been on one, but for the price difference (in general terms) the LS better be much nicer!

I'm still enjoying my RC4-Al (same geometry/frame(?) as RC5-Al with a different fork), ask any specific questions you'd like.

Brian

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh, I forgot to mention my Litespeed is an all Aluminum model.

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to get one.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
If you have more questions, I know iopturbo rides one. You might wanna ask him.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My team has a deal on them - seems like a perfect crit/race bike. 2 of our guys race regularly on them - one on the Carbon RC4 one on the RC5 AL and they enjoy good success . My only slight reservation is that the head tube runs small on them - not a problem in the small to medium sizes but not something I'd want on a large or XL frame.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool...

Lowcel, thanks and congrats!

i am trying get get a frame for a deal and just waiting. I saw the RC4 carbon on a century ride this past sunday and I was amazed on how ell it looked. The paint is really awesome and the guy loved it.

Then, I saw the RC5-AL and It was also beautiful! I was really suprised on the quaility of the frame. Also Blue is my favorite color :cool:.

I put a very small dent in the TT backing up into a sign in the dark on my LS so I want to replace the frame. On a slight budget since the upgrade to Campy and want a decenlty light, quality frame and the BLUE seems to fit the build.

If I can get the RC4 or RC6, then I will try. But I prefer the paint job on the RC5-AL over the RC4. I am not a big fan of white.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I am going to order the...

RC4 or maybe the RC6 on Tuesday! The Pro-Deal price is just too nice too pass up and my LS TT hae a small ding which now can't stand looking at :rolleyes:.

It's off to ebay....;)

I hope the BLUE frames are as nice as the reviews I have seen say!

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Double post!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts