Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding a Time Edge First? I can't find too much information on it. I went to the company website and the link for the edge first wasn't working. I did a search and found one thread but it was a year old. Is it made in France or is it made in Asia? How does it ride compare to other time bikes?

· Registered
289 Posts
Fah I can't help you first hand but I have a vxrs and ride with a buddy on an Edge, I think it's an 07. He loves it and feels it performs as well as his other carbon. Fit and finish is superb and he got a good deal. So I haven't ridden one so can't personally vouch but if it's anything close to my vxrs, it's a winner. Not 100% positive but I think all Time's are made in France. Are you comparing it to anything else?

· Registered
1,469 Posts
I ride 2007 Time Edge First, since Dec 2006. Size=Small (54cm top tube). I have ridden ~12-14,000km (180km per weekend) so far. So far I have no complaints. It was made in France. The model that replaced it in 2008, Edge Pulse is now made in eastern Europe (Slovakia or near there). The Speeder is made in Asia and has *different geometry* to all other European-made Time frames. I would not buy a Speeder because it has the same geometry as 1000 other Asian bikes and is different to the rest of Time family, apart from the badge. It's quality may be fine but it's geometry is not Time.

I weigh ~70kg (150lbs?) so I dont stress my small size frame and for my low power it seems stiff enough and at the same time comfortable to ride. So I would buy Time Edge again except for the eye watering price of Euro-made frames. The geometry is nice and friendly with half-decent slack-ish 73 degree STA and slack HTA. Top tube is not too long either. Head tube is not too short. Slope of top tube is not too severe. It works for me. I would say that for me and ~90% of other fitness riders buying VXR(S) would be a waste of money, Edge is good enough. Really. IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.