Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like I've only seen bullhorns on SS and fixies. I've been experimenting with an old, chopped & flopped bar on a vintage, 12-speed nishiki I use for commute. Aside from the fact that they are a tad bit narrow for my tastes (40cm) especially if I want to put in line brake levers on the flats as opposed to bar end brake levers, I actually kind of like it :D .Was wondering if it looked out of place, though... anyone else ever do this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TurboTurtle said:
Not currently, but I have along with a pair of Paul Thumbies. - TF
Nice!! Makes me want to stick with my setup. I can't tell 100% from the photo, but those aren't TT reverse levers are they? Was it hard to route the cables under the bar tape?

EDIT: Sorry. After closer inspection, it looks like they are TT levers. Which ones?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
... funny you should mention... cuz I just pulled this out of storage (it's been sitting since 2001... originally set up for time trials)...

It has an odd geometry and I don't know if it'll stay this way, but I've had it out on the roads to become reacquainted.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
dslfoolish said:
Nice!! Makes me want to stick with my setup. I can't tell 100% from the photo, but those aren't TT reverse levers are they? Was it hard to route the cables under the bar tape?

EDIT: Sorry. After closer inspection, it looks like they are TT levers. Which ones?
Dia Comp. - TF

·
Registered
834 Posts
Go to the GDR (Great Divide Race) website. One of the guys (the winning guy, I think..) is using what looks to me like heavily padded bullhorns, with aerobars, on his cross country mountain bike, that he won the race with!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.