Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am going to be upgrading the components on my frame, I was toying with the idea of putting Campy gear on the bike. Has anyone got one that they have outfitted with Campy stuff? I would assume that the only issue would be the BB. Everything else seems pretty standard.

Also, the wheels that I have for it have a Shimano compatible rear hub. Can I run a Campy derailuer with a Shimano cassette?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sworks with Centaur here!

freezin_is_the_reason said:
As I am going to be upgrading the components on my frame, I was toying with the idea of putting Campy gear on the bike. Has anyone got one that they have outfitted with Campy stuff? I would assume that the only issue would be the BB. Everything else seems pretty standard.

Also, the wheels that I have for it have a Shimano compatible rear hub. Can I run a Campy derailuer with a Shimano cassette?
Yes and no on the wheels. I have seen cassettes that are splined campy with shimano gears. American Classic I think.
I run all centaur with Scirroco wheels. The wheels are OK, but if I would do it again, I would build up some sweet Ambrosio or FIR rims 3x to some Chorus or Record hubs for the ultimate Italian campy snobdom. My Veloce 10 speed works just as well as the centaur and like everone says, Chorus is about as low as you want to go with the Campy cranks. My Centaurs use a special bottom bracket and are not the greates finished product in the line. That being said I have 1450 miles on the Centaur crank and BB with zero problems. Trust me and DO NOT buy an FSA crankset untill they get the whole compatability issue with Campy 10 speed figured out.
Go ahead and flame away, I am just trying to help a brother out. I have tried two seperate FSA Cranksets in the last week, Gossamer and Pro Carbons and either small chainring would work, and I bent the Gossamers. After replacing both Chainrings on the Pro Carbons with Salsa pro rings it works fine.
Wade

1 - 2 of 2 Posts