Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this on E-bay today. Looks kinda cool and I was thinking of turing it into a rainy day bike. Any thoughts?

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
Probably a nice bike But

Some of the early Carbon fiber tubes with alluminum lugs had problems with the glue joints giving. However, a guy I ride with has an older Trek with that type of construction that never gave him a problem. Nice riding bikes but with a risk.

Ask the sell questions about the joints, but even that's no guarantee that there is not or won't be a problem. Very cold temperatures and temperature fluctuations could be a problem too depending on the type of glue used.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks like a CFR

freezin_is_the_reason said:
Came across this on E-bay today. Looks kinda cool and I was thinking of turing it into a rainy day bike. Any thoughts?

It looks just like the Giant CFR2 I had for two years. I believe the CFRs were replaced with the TCR line.I bought it used three years ago and sold it last year. It was a fine bike...until I got a Cannondale Cad3. The CAD3 accelerated better, handled better, and climbed better.

As a rainy day ride, it should be fine, so long as there is no corrossion at the lugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cadex 980c for sale

I have this bike for sale. Mine is 100% better than the one in the pictures. I installed 8 spd rsx levers and rear derailleur, 2002 ultegra 53 , 39 crank and bottom bracket, performance forte wheels16 spokes frt and 20 rear, 105 brakes , michelin tires. Perfect for a second bike. I just have to many in my garage right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts