Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want this thing to be good. from what i have read, if you know the source material you will like it. if you know nothing about it, you will feel it is overweight and possibly hack.

i want good, but am expecting, "meh."

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
There is nudity from what I know.

Wanted to watch it earlier but my friend and I decided we'd try our hand seeing a 3D movie instead to see how cool it was.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
if you can be in the loop before 3pm, i can give you 2 tix to the imax tonight.

edit-- since it's a work function, i may not be able to.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
uzziefly said:
There is nudity from what I know.
male nudity from what i read.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
tomk96 said:
if you can be in the loop before 3pm, i can give you 2 tix to the imax tonight.

edit-- since it's a work function, i may not be able to.
Which loop?

Dude I'm waayyyyy back over here now unfortunately!!!
Thanks for the teaser. Idjuct!

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
weltyed said:
i really want this thing to be good. from what i have read, if you know the source material you will like it. if you know nothing about it, you will feel it is overweight and possibly hack.

i want good, but am expecting, "meh."
Roger Ebert gave it 4 stars...said it was captivating. I'm thinking it will not be as good as the graphic novel, but I'm still excited to see it. I have tix for the 6:15 showing tonight. Supposed to be a really long movie at 168 minutes. Ebert said he was going to see it again in IMAX format.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Roger Ebert gave it 4 stars...said it was captivating. I'm thinking it will not be as good as the graphic novel, but I'm still excited to see it. I have tix for the 6:15 showing tonight. Supposed to be a really long movie at 168 minutes. Ebert said he was going to see it again in IMAX format.
I heard it was 2h10min long from the counter staff we inquired regarding the movie.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Roger Ebert gave it 4 stars... Ebert said he was going to see it again in IMAX format.
i started reading that and now i feel bad that i told my wife i wasn't going to go see it and was going to come home instead. :mad2: :mad2:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
uzziefly said:
I heard it was 2h10min long from the counter staff we inquired regarding the movie.
2:45 I hear (163 minutes running time)...and the DVD directors cut is supposed to be over 4 hours.

I heard they changed the ending, but the real ending of the novel wasn't all that great IME anyway so maybe they improved it.

//where's Yarble? I bet he went to the midnight showing. He's the one that turned me on to the graphic novel in the first place.

·
Opus was just napping
21,675 Posts
It is at 45% over at the top critics at Rotten Tomatoes...not so good.

But it sounds like a -- you either get it or you don't film.

As a fan of V for Vendetta...I would like to get out and see it. Now if Mrs. TMB wants to see it that is the question--(she will NOT be happy about the run time of the film.)

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cant hit the loop today from deerfield. plus i cant hit a showing tonight.

i read a running time of 2:45, with approx. 2hrs trimmed off the original cut. that doesnt count the freighter piece that is now available on DVD.

you didnt like the ending of the book? i thought it was pretty good. something you totally wouldnt expect in any other format. i was looking forward to seeing babies trying to eat their way out of the mothers womb.
wow. that makes me sound like a sicko.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thatsmybush said:
It is at 45% over at the top critics at Rotten Tomatoes...not so good.

But it sounds like a -- you either get it or you don't film.

As a fan of V for Vendetta...I would like to get out and see it. Now if Mrs. TMB wants to see it that is the question--(she will NOT be happy about the run time of the film.)
I'm going with "the guys" because my wife has no desire to see it.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
weltyed said:
cant hit the loop today from deerfield. plus i cant hit a showing tonight.

i read a running time of 2:45, with approx. 2hrs trimmed off the original cut. that doesnt count the freighter piece that is now available on DVD.

you didnt like the ending of the book? i thought it was pretty good. something you totally wouldnt expect in any other format. i was looking forward to seeing babies trying to eat their way out of the mothers womb.
wow. that makes me sound like a sicko.
How does a movie end up being 4 hours long anyway? I don't know if I can ever be captivated enough to sit through such a show.

Yes, you sound like a sicko.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Heh, I'd assume the male nudity is Dr. Manhattan. But really, given the amount of spandex and lycra most cyclists insist on wearing, I think we're pretty much immune to 'junk shock' by now.

·
Opus was just napping
21,675 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'm going with "the guys" because my wife has no desire to see it.
We take turns--I once sat through 28 days starring Sandra Bulloch--Mrs. TMB said it was a comedy--well it might have been--but not because it was intentional.

I think she didn't ever try to pick a movie for 2 years after that.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jorbenweb said:
Heh, I'd assume the male nudity is Dr. Manhattan. But really, given the amount of spandex and lycra most cyclists insist on wearing, I think we're pretty much immune to 'junk shock' by now.
Yup...I don't think it'll be all that shocking.

Just listened to a review on Rotten Tomatoes and it sounded like the director was very faithful to the novel--and that if you've read and liked the novel you'll like the film. The people who didn't like it had generally not read the graphic novel and seemed to want another high flash action film with a happy ending and likeable characters instead of the morally ambiguous story that the book actually tells.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,291 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
2:45 I hear (163 minutes running time)...
In most places that includes the crap that runs before the feature like trailers and snack bar ads, and of course the credits at the end.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
dr hoo said:
In most places that includes the crap that runs before the feature like trailers and snack bar ads, and of course the credits at the end.
Well then more like 2:30 movie time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.