Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the worst luck with tires. Second straight order with something wrong. These are brand new gatorskins 700x28

Is this okay to ride on? Its a small indent at the seam of the tire. Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle wheel Rim Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part Rim Synthetic rubber

·
Huge in Japan
456 Posts
It's not the seam of the entire tire it's the seam of the tread, a picture only goes so far but I would ride it. Does it look compromised, like does it look like any vulcanization of the area there is compromised/incomplete? If the integrity looks good except for an exterior void then ride it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Is the tire on backwards? Just saying

·
Huge in Japan
456 Posts
lol, it almost looks that perfect. Continental it is on the sidewall with an arrow with tail. It looked so perfect in the picture I thought it was flash at first but then picked up it was minus material after another look.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
This has been talked about many times...tread direction makes absolutely no different on Conti tires. Their engineers put an arrow on them because people that overthink their lives want to see an arrow.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,409 Posts
This has been talked about many times...tread direction makes absolutely no different on Conti tires. Their engineers put an arrow on them because people that overthink their lives want to see an arrow.

It obviously makes no functional difference which direction this tire is mounted. However, the design on the sides is directional, so those who are anal about aesthetics will want to pay attention to this.

·
Banned
748 Posts
It obviously makes no functional difference which direction this tire is mounted. However, the design on the sides is directional, so those who are anal about aesthetics will want to pay attention to this.
Thanks!!! Yep, I figured they put the arrow on for some reason, Have a great day.. LOL :)

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Thanks!!! Yep, I figured they put the arrow on for some reason, Have a great day.. LOL :)
Anyway according to the arrow that I see on mine, that tire is mounted just perfectly, directionwise.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you are worried about it contact the US distributor for Conti. My friend had her GP4000's start to unravel on the sidewalls. I called the distributor, they had me email them some pics. 1 day later they responded saying they would replace the tires and to throw the old ones away.

Less than a week later 2 new tires where on my front door step. I was pretty impressed with how they handled the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts