Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the desert and am sick of the flats! As all of you probably are. I watched the stans no tubes video and think it looks cool. Anyone tired it? Good or bad experiences let me know. Did you use the hutchinson tires they recommend? I just got 2500 miles out of my tufo tubular clinchers and loved them but at 100$ a tire they are pricey! any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used Stan's in my Hutchinson Intensive tires and the results were good. Lost pressure but was able to get home. I sold my tubeless wheels and now I just bought a set of continental tubes with removable valve cores. Removed the cores and put Stan's No Tubes into the tubes. Hopefully no more flats and I don't have to use special tires and wheels.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,440 Posts
i've had fusions on velocity rims w/ stans olympic tape and road valves for over a year now. the only flat i've had was a roofing nail that went thru both the inner and outer walls of the rim. put a tube in, rode home and patched the tape, been good ever since.
we have a customer at the shop that is a light guy (140lbs) and rides a ton. he rides really low pressure (60psi) and gets over 5000mi from his rear tires. he runs them down to the casing, but never flats. needless to say, i think it works pretty well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been using Stans in my wife's and my bike for the last six months and no problems whatsoever until this weekend when my wife got a 1/3 inch slice in her front wheel. It lost about half the air pressure, but once pumped up again held enough air to get her ten miles home. It won't hold air now and needs replaced or patched. She took it to a local shop (I'm out of state for work) and they told her the cut was too big to be patched and put a tube in. When I get home I'll try to patch it if it looks doable. The tires are Hutchinson fusion 2s.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It works well on my converted Easton wheels. Watch the YouTube instructional video for road installation. Follow all the steps and it will go on smoothly.

I am using Hutchinson Fusion 3's and they work very well. I had a major cut at 300 miles which the sealant caught and held at 40 psi - no problem finishing the ride at that low pressure.

I have over 1,000 miles on them with barely any flat spotting on the rear. Wear is much better than expected.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm using Stan's yellow tape and valve cores on standard drilled rims on my road bike, and with Stan's strips on my cross bike, both with Hutchinsons tubeless ready tires. No flats or other problems, since I started at the beginning of this season.

·
Registered
799 Posts
poff said:
Fusion 2s + stans kit on edge 45s here. Sweet!
I was wondering how it'd work with the EDGE rims. Are you using the rubber strips, or just yellow tape? What pressures are you running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts