Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at 2 ends of the spectrums for forks: Reynolds Ouzo Pro or Advanced Composites from Chuck's. Has anyone used the FK-61 fork, how does it feel? Too flexy, how does it feel cornering? I currently use a Kinesis Alu. fork. Worth the difference? Thanks!

hrv

·
Registered
132 Posts
hrv said:
Looking at 2 ends of the spectrums for forks: Reynolds Ouzo Pro or Advanced Composites from Chuck's. Has anyone used the FK-61 fork, how does it feel? Too flexy, how does it feel cornering? I currently use a Kinesis Alu. fork. Worth the difference? Thanks!

hrv
can't comment on FK-61 but Ouzo Pro is very comfy, in a league of own. It isn't the stiffest fork out there, but it is plenty stiff for most riders. Beware it is taller then most at 374mm so it will affect geometry.

CP

PS FYI Advance Composite is Advance Composite Designs, Ltd Taiwanese company which makes many OEM forks, not Advance Composites, makers of Wound Up. If you walk into LBS and try low/mid level bike with carbon fork, chances are it's made by ACD.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
hrv said:

hrv
I'm curious about this too. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one of the alu steerer models, sorry, don't recall which one, on a steel frame I picked the frame, fork and headset up for $125 shipped from Chuck about a year ago.

John Warren

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
FTF said:
I'm curious about this too. :)
I got the FK-61 today and thhrew it on my new frame, Rides great no comlaints at all. If you have any specific questions let me know. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ouzo Comp

I'm riding an Ouzo Comp fork supplied by Chuck... Couldn't be happier... Great fork for the $$$... I paid $110...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks FTF: What's the fork specs?

I emailed Chuck's and asked for axle to crown length and rake. They said it had a 45mm rake. Since my current fork is 40mm , don't think that will work. What does your fork measure out to be, for length and rake? Thanks again.

hrv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.