Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I sold my bike recently and included my trusty basic/starter VDO cyclocomputer. Need to find a new one soon. Has anyone tried the 2010 Speedzone Elite Wireless from Specialized? If so, I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Can't find any reviews with online search. I am looking for something under $100 and wanted to try something other than Cateye. Thanks.

Here's a link if you want to see it: http://spokesetc.com/product/specialized-speed-zone-elite-wireless-4817.htm

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried on a couple of short 30 mile ride this week, with some rollies to flat. Verdict: NOT too good. The speed varied a lot....28 mph jumping down to 18 mph just like that, then back up to 27 mph again, despite me keeping a pretty steady pace. Maxspeed read much higher than what I was going. Went down a 2.5%-3% hill, which I usually get to about 35-38 mph....yet it read 44mph (highly doubt). Average speed read 8.9 mph! Insulting :D Almost always average between 16-18 mph on this route.

Anyways, will probably return it. I like the altimeter feature/temp/and altitude features...but those are secondary functions IMO.

Oh well, the search continues.

Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts