Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires yet?

I've had good luck with the lesser Marathon series so I decided to try the 700-32c Supremes on my Panasonic....Not much to report yet other than they look great, mount easy, and are relatively lightweight..

They aren't cheap at $56 per tire(Wall bike) but to put it in perpective, I'm saving $125/mo in gas since I've been commuting...

I'll do a full report after some more miles..

http://www.schwalbetires.com/marathon_supreme_home

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
I think I will switch over to Schwalbe tires at the end of the summer heading into fall. They look like they have a good sidewall. I have been using conti gatorskin ultras but the sidewalls aren't as strong as armadillos and the roads get full of debris about the time the rain starts. Armadillos ride like crap, I always heard good things about schwalbe.

$125 a month???? I am saving $75 a week. Thats like a Colnago C50 a year.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes I have been rolling the SMS at 700x35 for maybe 8 months now. For my part of the world, and commute, they are the best tire I have tried so far. They are great in the rain, but I am going to leave them on for the summer as well. Great tire- very happy with them. I feel very safe with how grippy they are, but they are fast enough for the warm days, so a good balance............MTT:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.