Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Eddy 53:11
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me feedback on the new Campy Record pedals? How do they compare
w/the new Looks? Or others for that matter? Please help, I'm close to pulling the trigger!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,095 Posts
I have Campy Pro-Fit Plus, although they're not new -- a couple of years old, maybe. Am I missing something?
I don't know that they're better than anything else, but they work and they're great. Really smooth, relatively light and simple, etc., etc. What's not to like?
 

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
I have or have had...

]
..Record profit, Chorus profit and Veloce profit. Love'm all. Light, stable, easy in/out... The only downside is that the cleats seem (I stress "seem") to wear out more quickly than the my old Looks. My Chorus pedals are brand new - they replaced damaged Record pedals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
PaulCL said:
]
..Record profit, Chorus profit and Veloce profit. Love'm all. Light, stable, easy in/out... The only downside is that the cleats seem (I stress "seem") to wear out more quickly than the my old Looks. My Chorus pedals are brand new - they replaced damaged Record pedals.
I have the old-style Chorus Profits as well as a pair of Record profit plusses. Both top notch. Never had a problem with them. Cleats wear, but they aren't too expensive. You just replace the plastic part and not the metal part. If the metal part wears out that can get expensive. If you are doing a lot of walking get some covers. Look covers will fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,079 Posts
problems

JetSpeed said:
Can anyone give me feedback on the new Campy Record pedals? How do they compare
w/the new Looks? Or others for that matter? Please help, I'm close to pulling the trigger!!
I had two sets of Record Profits, and I had big time problems with both clipping in, especially if the pedals or cleats got the slightest bit dirty. I could try for literally minutes trying to get back in after stopping for water or a flat tire, etc., and got really frustrated. Maybe it was my shoes, but they weren't anything weird, just Vittoria and Specialized top of the line carbon soled road shoes, size 42. I tried everything, and could not get them to work. Sold them to someone (with full explanation of my problems); don't know how they worked out for him. Never had a problem with Looks.

Doug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
DougSloan said:
I had two sets of Record Profits, and I had big time problems with both clipping in, especially if the pedals or cleats got the slightest bit dirty. I could try for literally minutes trying to get back in after stopping for water or a flat tire, etc., and got really frustrated. Maybe it was my shoes, but they weren't anything weird, just Vittoria and Specialized top of the line carbon soled road shoes, size 42. I tried everything, and could not get them to work. Sold them to someone (with full explanation of my problems); don't know how they worked out for him. Never had a problem with Looks.

Doug
In early models some reported that the spring was too tight and caused these types of problems. I've personally not had this problem with my 2 sets and Sidi shoes, but I guess the problem was remedied by bending the spring slightly to reduce tension.
 

·
Squirrel Hunter
Joined
·
3,806 Posts
Look to Campy

The only pair of Look pedals I still use are my original pair from the 80's on my track bike. I got tired of Look's crappy bearings and the recurring squeek. I have been riding Campy Pro Fits for the last year. Entry and release is comparable to the Looks. Weight is much better. Cleats wear about the same, however when I am on a bike ride I am not walking. I use Record on my race bike and Chorus on my tandem and really cant tell any difference.
 

·
Eddy 53:11
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm going to give Record a try. Sounds like I won't be disappointed either. Thanks guys!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top