Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
PaulCL said:
]
..Record profit, Chorus profit and Veloce profit. Love'm all. Light, stable, easy in/out... The only downside is that the cleats seem (I stress "seem") to wear out more quickly than the my old Looks. My Chorus pedals are brand new - they replaced damaged Record pedals.
I have the old-style Chorus Profits as well as a pair of Record profit plusses. Both top notch. Never had a problem with them. Cleats wear, but they aren't too expensive. You just replace the plastic part and not the metal part. If the metal part wears out that can get expensive. If you are doing a lot of walking get some covers. Look covers will fit.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
DougSloan said:
I had two sets of Record Profits, and I had big time problems with both clipping in, especially if the pedals or cleats got the slightest bit dirty. I could try for literally minutes trying to get back in after stopping for water or a flat tire, etc., and got really frustrated. Maybe it was my shoes, but they weren't anything weird, just Vittoria and Specialized top of the line carbon soled road shoes, size 42. I tried everything, and could not get them to work. Sold them to someone (with full explanation of my problems); don't know how they worked out for him. Never had a problem with Looks.

Doug
In early models some reported that the spring was too tight and caused these types of problems. I've personally not had this problem with my 2 sets and Sidi shoes, but I guess the problem was remedied by bending the spring slightly to reduce tension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts