Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you prefer it over regular cork tape? Deda is my favorite, but the Fizik looks nice.
Opinions?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i like it,

i dont use the stock gel though, i put some lighter "gel" tape under it
and this provides a nice padded bar. i find deda too hard though. the fizik
is grippier.

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Ride with a couple of guys that like the tape.

a bit too soft for my liking though. Deda tape paired up with the aluminum Newton bars,give just enough road feedback without being too harsh.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
The only thing I don't like......

DIRT BOY said:
Do you prefer it over regular cork tape? Deda is my favorite, but the Fizik looks nice.
Opinions?
about this tape is that it doesn't cut smoothly when trimming. In addition the color doesn't got all the way through so when you make a jagged cut the white undercolor shows through.

Other than the asetetics, good tape.

Len

·
Registered
51 Posts
The fizik tape is considerably thinner that traditional cork tape thus reducing the padding effect. I suppose you add the bar gel to offset that. It has a tacky feel to it. A plus is that stays much cleaner than cork in the lighter colors.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Opinions?
I just wrapped my first set of bars with it last night.

What I liked - feels pretty good, plenty of length (I cut more than 8" off as extra), un-perforated on the one end for tucking in the plugs, went on pretty easily.

What I didn't like - the softness allowed for some of the edges to curl up a bit on the overlaps, especially where I had to go back a couple of times around the shifters.

We'll see how it rides, it seems nice enough, whether it's nice enough to supplant my favorite (Deda) or not, time will tell.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
rossb said:
I didn't like it - much too thin. When in the drops, it felt like I was gripping pencils.
yeah, it would. I think the best bet is to use these with their gel kit (or someone else's). I definitely like my bar gel kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts