Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Ksyrium SSC SL's hanging around the garage off my road bike and wonder how prudent it is to use them for CX. I only weigh 140 lbs. I see other Ksyriums spec'd on cross bikes and figure they stop short of SL's for cost reasons.

·
raging results nerd
925 Posts
I rode some secondhand SSC SL's for two years for both cross and road. They seemed to hold up okay, although I eventually had to replace the rim on one this June. But I don't even know what kind of crap the previous owner did to them before me... in any case, they weren't less durable than any other wheel I've used.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've had 2 pairs of tubular Ksyrium SL wheels that have lasted me 2 seasons with no problems. They're great for cross and super easy to maintain too. I raced them this in a crit the other day and they're good for that too. No complaints at all, but I'm also 135 lbs.

·
Registered
712 Posts
They have the Jonathan Page seal of approval. For years he would not ride any of the carbon wheels mavic was giving him, and only wanted the K's. Of course, now he is not on Mavic wheels, and he was happy with the 38mm carbons he used last year. But still. He liked them specifically cause they are hella stiff, and tough.

I have a pair as well, used, off ebay, that I have used a fair amount. No trouble. They feel NOTICABLEY stiffer then my other wheels when you sprint/crank up hills, etc.

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.