Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some for the fixie as I am back on Speedplay Zeros again with full float. CB Candy pedals no longer due it for me.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I liked the Frogs quite well after I stopped using the X series because I wanted a recessed cleat.

·
your god hates me
1,551 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
I want some for the fixie as I am back on Speedplay Zeros again with full float.
Far be it from me to disuade anyone from using Frogs -- I've been using them on all my bikes ever since I (finally) made the switch from toeclips to clipless 3 years ago, & I love the Frogs.

But...if you're using Zeros on your other bike, why not use Zeros on your fixie as well?

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob Ross said:
Far be it from me to disuade anyone from using Frogs -- I've been using them on all my bikes ever since I (finally) made the switch from toeclips to clipless 3 years ago, & I love the Frogs.

But...if you're using Zeros on your other bike, why not use Zeros on your fixie as well?
Thanks!

I want/need MTB shoes for commuting and walking.

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
Doesn't take very long to get used to the slide-in vs the toe-in/step down. Rotational float very comparable to the X's. Just double-check the cleat vs.cleat pocket on the shoes you're planning on using. Speedplay redesigned the cleat, but it's still pretty big, and the Dremel might have to come into play to enlarge the cleat pocket.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
I want some for the fixie as I am back on Speedplay Zeros again with full float. CB Candy pedals no longer due it for me.
I like 'em for the purpose. Nice combination of walkable cleat with free float and easy in / out. I actually think the 'slide' entry is kinda natural with the fixie/constantly moving pedal thing. Which is why mine are currently on the tandem.

Curious - why no love for the Candy's?

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
danl1 said:
I like 'em for the purpose. Nice combination of walkable cleat with free float and easy in / out. I actually think the 'slide' entry is kinda natural with the fixie/constantly moving pedal thing. Which is why mine are currently on the tandem.

Curious - why no love for the Candy's?
The cleat are durable enough to walk on?

1. I nee more float.
2. They don't play well with Shimano M200 MTB shoes evben with dremmeling the bottoms a bit.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
The cleat are durable enough to walk on?

1. I nee more float.
2. They don't play well with Shimano M200 MTB shoes evben with dremmeling the bottoms a bit.

Frog cleats are pretty tough, and are fairly shallow - if you are wearing any mtb-compat shoe they should be fine.

That said, I rode them for ~2500 miles on road shoes and they held up fine - still using that pair of cleats. Stopped doing that because exposed, they either tear up soft surfaces or slide on hard, smooth ones. Also sort of narrow if you are actually walking on the cleat itself. Fine outdoors, but getting out of the house to ride wasn't pretty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts