Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Garmin Edge 705 yesterday. pretty darn cool. Wanted to know if anyone uses the site sport tracks to download their data? If so, what do you think about it. Good and bad or what people think of it compared to motionbased.com.

cheers,
BtT

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like it, the UI could use a little more work to make it more logical. Does it totally replace Garmin's app...nah.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I cannot compare it to MotionBased, a popular web-based application, but SportsTracks provides data to satisfy just about any curiosity: satellite imagery and mapping, weather, splits, heart-rate info with overlays on performance charts... the ability to compare performance graphs from multiple workouts, athlete info (weight, BMI, body-fat, etc). And there are additional plug-ins for estimated power/wattage (don't know how accurate this is...)... and other features.

While SportsTracks is free, one can upgrade to a paid version... but the free version should be enough to satisfy most anyone.

Not that it is clumsy in any way... but it took a little exploration to use SportsTracks to its fullest functionality. There is a good discussion board at the site to assist with questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts