Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I don't think you are going to find one. Wahoo has restricted pricing, similar to what Garmin does. A local shop might be able to work a small discount, but they can't advertise discounted prices. Even online dealers don't discount their stuff until they become obsolete (i.e. the older version is cheaper now).

And even if you could find one online, or overseas, I think the shipping costs would outweigh any price savings you might get.

I'd suggest trying to find a local shop that stocks them and see if you can work out a deal with them. I did this two years ago when I bought my KICKR. The shop I went to also has an indoor cycling training lab and coaching services. By purchasing the KICKR, they gave me a nice deal on some lab workout time (I used it for FTP testing, and some intense interval work), and a discounted 6 week block training program customized for me by one of their "coaches".

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
A friend bought a Kicker from Performance last Fall with a healthy discount - either 10 or 20% off as I remember.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A friend bought a Kicker from Performance last Fall with a healthy discount - either 10 or 20% off as I remember.
Thanks, I will see if they do a discount code for greater than sales tax, as right now the cheapest I can get is buying for full price out of state with free shipping, so $1200 total. Performance have stores local to me, so there's the sales tax ...

I wasn't sure about REI, as in one of their 20% off sales, I would pay $1200 - 20% + tax, but would get 5% cash back if using my REI credit card.

I know for some, $1200 isn't too bad, but I'm becoming a stay at home dad for the next year (maybe longer) and with no income soon, $1200 is a lot.

Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you are going to find one. Wahoo has restricted pricing, similar to what Garmin does. A local shop might be able to work a small discount, but they can't advertise discounted prices. Even online dealers don't discount their stuff until they become obsolete (i.e. the older version is cheaper now).

And even if you could find one online, or overseas, I think the shipping costs would outweigh any price savings you might get.

I'd suggest trying to find a local shop that stocks them and see if you can work out a deal with them. I did this two years ago when I bought my KICKR. The shop I went to also has an indoor cycling training lab and coaching services. By purchasing the KICKR, they gave me a nice deal on some lab workout time (I used it for FTP testing, and some intense interval work), and a discounted 6 week block training program customized for me by one of their "coaches".

Thanks, I'm guessing a storewide 10%, not sales tax and free shipping is about as good as I can get. Just wasn't sure if someone perhaps knew of a place (like Strode says with Performance bike) who have free shipping and pretty regular 10 - 20% off storewide coupon codes.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
This. Wait for Performance to have the $100 off $500 fall coupon and go into the store. Wahoo is excluded but the store will accept the coupon anyway; they are desperate for business.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Anyone who follows dc rainmaker, there is cleaver training site.

You might want to check this around december/january.
Wahoo Fitness NEW KICKR Indoor Power Trainer

Also if your a performance bike team member you can theoretically become a team member and get points back. Then just use the points to more bike gear.

• Earn shopper points worth 10% of items you buy from PerformanceBike.com, Performance catalog or Performance Bicycle retail stores! Then apply your points to future purchases at Performance! It doesn't matter where you originally earned your points (web, catalog or stores); you can redeem them anywhere with Performance.
  • 2nd Business day shipping upgrades on every in-stock, standard weight, catalog or web order shipped to your home or office. Orders over $49 ship FREE. Orders under $49 - all you pay is regular shipping! Order by 3pm EST on Wednesday, you'll have your gear in time for the weekend. International and APO/FPO addresses are not eligible and oversize charges may still apply.

Team Performance Membership

Wahoo Fitness New KICKR Power Trainer

so if you bought it through performance 120.00 in points with membership
essentailly it is like 1080. you just have to put the 120 towards performance stuff. Which could be easy.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You can also get and ActiveJunky.com account. They offer 5% actual cash back on all Performance (among other brands) purchases.

You just have to enter ActiveJunky.com first, then go to Performance.
I use this regularly for Nashbar when they run their 20+% sales. I get the deal from Nashbar at order time, and a check in the mail every quarter if I did and AJ order too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can also get and ActiveJunky.com account. They offer 5% actual cash back on all Performance (among other brands) purchases.

You just have to enter ActiveJunky.com first, then go to Performance.
I use this regularly for Nashbar when they run their 20+% sales. I get the deal from Nashbar at order time, and a check in the mail every quarter if I did and AJ order too.
Active Junky looks amazing, I was happy with my 2% cashback at backcountry, but AJ do like 7%

As it was mentioned that Performance Bike don't do Wahoo in their ''site wide'' sales, I'm probably going to go REI. I have some time before I have to buy a kickr, so will hold out for a deal at least as good as REI (i.e. 20% discount + sales tax - 5% credit card cash back in REI vouchers)

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts