Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please respond to my emails. I ordered my set of wheels from you more than 4 months ago and still haven't received them. I've emailed you numerous times to at least send me the details on when and how you shipped them but received no response. I've tried calling you long distance so many times but the number listed on your website doesn't seem to work.

I hope that you can fulfill our business transaction and send my WHEELS!

John Fajardo

· AKA Old Man
598 Posts
John,,

I can understand your frustration, but why air it out in a public forum? If you want to try to contact him here why not PM?

No need to drag this one sided view to the masses..

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't we let the moderators decide that.

I'm trying to reach out to anyone here in this forum who can help me track him and try to get to the bottom of this. I've been very very patient but it has ran out.

If ever I really did get scammed, I think it would be useful for everyone else who is considering buying wheels from him rethink.

If I'm wrong, I will publicly apologize and retract what I wrote on this forum. After all, the wealth of knowledge and exchange of opinions here persuaded me to go to one of the wheelbuilders that contribute here.

Again I appeal to Troy or if anyone here who can help me get my wheels or my money back.

Thanks

· Registered
5 Posts
penn_rider said:
John,,

I can understand your frustration, but why air it out in a public forum? If you want to try to contact him here why not PM?

No need to drag this one sided view to the masses..

I think it's just fitting for john11f to air his frustration. The money that we put into our sport is pretty serious IMHO. They smile that we get when we upgrade our components is next to nothing. Let john11f's experience serve as a warning or an if Ligero does not push thru with the deal.

· Registered
838 Posts
I have sent him a email. Part of the reason his wheel took so long is they have custom decals that I had to wait for from Edge, When they were sent they were held because Fedex had suspended delivery to Thailand and they have now been resent to the a different address supplied by him in the Philippines.

· Registered
629 Posts
boyschoirbj said:
I think it's just fitting for john11f to air his frustration. The money that we put into our sport is pretty serious IMHO. They smile that we get when we upgrade our components is next to nothing. Let john11f's experience serve as a warning or an if Ligero does not push thru with the deal.
BIG +1,

I read a warning about him a while ago when I was researching builders. Posts like this will let others know what to expect from particular venders and in a sense not let members of the forum be prayed upon by not so scrupulous vendors (not meaning any vendor in particular). I guess it's just like when a builder does a bang up job at a good price or goes out of the way to help his customer, it's nice to see that, free publicity and everyone is happy unfortunately just the opposite here.
If a post like this was read by the OP before going with Ligero then maybe he would be cruisin' on some sweet wheels right now and the world would be a better place!!! (or at least still have the cash to buy some wheels). JMO

· Registered
152 Posts
Another bad experience from Ligero!!! I posted my terrible experience with this guy. My dealings with him rank as one of the worst expeiences I ever had from any vendor. I'd never recommend him to anyone.

This guy needs to stop taking peoples money up front and stop quoting delivery dates he can't make. Beware of this vendor.

· Registered
1,509 Posts
I was put off a couple of years ago, after a conversation with him. I wanted one thing, he wanted to build another and intimated that he knew what I needed better than I did.
Then he wanted 50% up front...
Sorry, I can see a non-refundable 10%, but I'm not sheckling $350-400 for a 3-4 month wait.

Source the parts yourself and find a builder that's local.

· Registered
152 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
Source the parts yourself and find a builder that's local.

This is probaly the bestl advice to be found regarding wheels that i learned the hard way. I found one one the best local wheelbuilders by asking around. I couldn't be happier and if I have a problem I can take it to him and he can fix it quickly.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Troy has emailed me. He said the wheels will be shipping. I emailed him back and gave 2 addresses to chose from where to ship them.

I ordered through him because I agree to his price and claimed standard of build quality.

I stand by my word. I will delete this thread as soon as I ride my wheels.

· Registered
3,477 Posts
I agree that communication is key, but we are still only getting part of the story here. Troy makes some pretty unique stuff, so I assume the OP went to him for that unique approach. Dealing with small one/two man shops can be a real crap shoot, whether it is bike parts, drums, whatever. Most of these guys and girls are doing as a part-time job, after they work a 8-10 hour day at their "real" job. They also are slave to their supply chain. It isn't like they can go out back to their factory and make spokes or rims or whatever part they need. I've seen it hundreds of times. People want what they want and get frustrated when they don't get it in what they assume to be a timely manner. Granted, it sounds like the communication channels could have been more open and flowing in this instance. Sounds to me like the only warning Troy's work deserves is that he isn't a great communicator.

· Registered
613 Posts
Thanks Ligero for responding with a reasonable explanation. Looking forward to this thread being deleted once the OP is satisfied with his product. I might suggest in the future that Ligero go a little extra mile in the customer service department especially when there is a delay. I know we're all busy but there are some builders on this forum that go well beyond what is expected, Sean from Rol Wheels for example. That's how you grow a business. Communication with the customer is King! A phone call to each customer might take a few more minutes but it will go a long way towards ensuring that your business will continue to thrive, and reduce headaches. Ligero has one of the best hubs on the market, just think if he should raise his customer service to that level, he'd be unstoppable. I wish you well with your business, you have some sweet hubs.

· Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I've happily ordered several sets of wheels from Troy. Wait a bit? Sure but not as long as the 6 months I waited for my Helix OS after ordering it. More importantly was the wait worth it? Absolutely, almost 20,000 miles on the Tune based hubs Troy built for me over 4 years ago and still my favorite wheels by far.:thumbsup:

· Registered
29 Posts
I agree with a previous reply that we should have a "review" category for custom wheel builders, whether they are one-person builders or on-line "corporate" vendors such as Nimble. Reviewers often post their satisfaction, or dissatisfaction, with customer service from corporate manufacturers of frames, wheels, etc; why not a review section for custom wheel builders to provide consumers considering that option with information not only about the quality of the build and the parts used but also how the builder addresses problems that arise during the build process and/or after the wheels have been delivered to the buyer.

· Registered
595 Posts
John11f, it is too bad you have been waiting this long. but, you will absolutely love the wheels. i have bought 4 pairs of Troy's wheels and i do not think i wil ever go to anyone else. he is a one man show and with a lot of talent when it comes to building wheels. he also has offerings that no one else has. the fact that i can get my rims ceramic coated in black and they look and perform great are worht the wait for me. there are other offerings that will fill anyones wishes.

granted that the leadtime is sometimes too long, but, like i said, worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.