Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon this Bianchi at the local flea market and would like to know how much it is worth. I do not know much about bikes, but I believe it is a early 80's Bianchi Nouvo Alloro made with "Special Columbus" tubing. It has Modolo brakes, Ofmega crank(?), and a campy drivetrain(?). I know Bianchis are worth quite a lot but I want to know a more exact price because I am thinking of selling it.
The frame size is 60 cm.

Any posts are appreciated! :rolleyes:

·
Hi
568 Posts
Unfortunately, the container in the background is a good indicator of its value. If it were in excellent condition, it might be worth $200-300, but it's not at all in excellent condition.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I disagree. If it were in excellen condition, it would be worth $350-$400. The frame is in fair to good condition and if you were to sell the frame/fork/headset it would probably fetch $175 to $200. You should be able to get $300 when sold piecemeal.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
icsloppl said:
Unfortunately, the container in the background is a good indicator of its value. If it were in excellent condition, it might be worth $200-300, but it's not at all in excellent condition.

I'll give you 'not in excellent condition', but in the immortal words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious?!

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
organicmuch said:
I know Bianchis are worth quite a lot
Minor correction: Some are, some not so much.

Agree with the $300 piecemeal, even though I kind of hate to see it. To my mind, the bike says "restore and ride me."

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wheels aren't original and the components look scary....quite a few rust spots on the frame too. Restored and components in good condition, you might get 500-600 bucks for the complete bike, but as is,I'd say $300 parted out would be best case scenario. To restore the bike and flip it, the cost of the paint job would put you out of profit. Hope you're into for less than $150!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would definetly restore and ride the bike, but the frame is way too large for me. My location is Oakland, CA.
300 dollars is a large profit seeing I found it for 60 bucks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice find for $60............No further info for you just had to comment on how far that bike has traveled. NJ to CA, Whippany cycle used to be my LBS before I moved to MN.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Ugh, I hate to see a decent bike in such terrible condition. Yeah, I'd restore it and keep it. Nice find, likely not going to make much selling it off.

Hmm...Whippany, NJ. I was born in northern NJ and lived in Whippany until I was 7. I wasn't riding Bianchis around when I was there...more like Big Wheels!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'd get her restored, at least the frame. Of course, it depends on what kind of tubeset it has as for whether it would get a high price, or not. What type of tubing does it have? I couldn't tell from the photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aptivaboy said:
I'd get her restored, at least the frame. Of course, it depends on what kind of tubeset it has as for whether it would get a high price, or not. What type of tubing does it have? I couldn't tell from the photos.

Columbus tubing. I heard it's not the worse tubing out there...

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
That rear Derallieur says Campagnolo Nouvo Record, doesn't it?

Bike is my size. It's a pity it's on the other side of the Atlantic.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
60 cm is my size.
Organicmuch - have you sold the Bianchi yet?

·
Registered
223 Posts
It was a middle of the line bike back in the 80s. probably about $700 new. The frame has surface rust but it is hard to say how deep. Its also mid level tubing. The desirable bianchi tubing of the time was columbus sl. The components are fairly rusted too. The only thing that has probably kept or increase its value are the front and rear derailleur. In good shape they'll be worth some money, and the rear derailleur looks cool. The rest of the components are low mid end and look to be in poor shape. Bike would need lots of maintenance and cleaning before you can get it into working condition and its nothing amazing. I wouldn't pay much for it.

organicmuch said:
I stumbled upon this Bianchi at the local flea market and would like to know how much it is worth. I do not know much about bikes, but I believe it is a early 80's Bianchi Nouvo Alloro made with "Special Columbus" tubing. It has Modolo brakes, Ofmega crank(?), and a campy drivetrain(?). I know Bianchis are worth quite a lot but I want to know a more exact price because I am thinking of selling it.
The frame size is 60 cm.

Any posts are appreciated! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts