Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode some towards the end of March but the weather was lousy. Finally getting some good weather in Ohio. I was able to cut my day short on a business trip and took my mountain bike out for a 10 mile ride. The area is in eastern ohio near WV and PA. Rolling hills but did have some steep climbs.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
There were plenty of April showers. There was some mighty nice weather in between.

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FatTireFred said:
flag on the play... false start, acckids

Oops! Whats the call. Premature postification of photos before the month is actually over?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
enough already

Spare me your flower filled sunny photos. I am not in the mood.

My backyard at 7:45 this morning.

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
I agree with FatTireFred...it's still April so it's too soon. Plus I haven't bothered to take a single picture this month so far so I need a few more days.

dir-t, where do you live?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
llama31 said:
dir-t, where do you live?
Bozeman MT. I like to ski and snowboard so that actually makes the long winters and fickle springs bareable, if not pleasant.

To be fair, I was MTB riding on dry trails just last weekend - the area west of me is in a rain shadow with nearly year round biking (if you really wanted to and bundled up good and warm).

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
jd3 said:
There were plenty of April showers. There was some mighty nice weather in between.
i'm getting all nostalgic for bluff city, and the peddler rides.

how do you like the urban arts mural next to the rdebirds stadium?

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona Spring 09

This be Moab Utah, Women's Cycling Development Camp, made it to the top of Dead Horse Point

·
2,042 Posts

Nevada. I took Highway 50 out west, called the Lonliest Road in America. And it is, countless hrs of nothing and no cell usage, for me at least. Thanks TMobes.

·
2,042 Posts

Cali...I loved Sonoma, if it had a beach I'd live there in a heartbeat. This is actually Jack London's Vineyard next door in Glen Ellen, CA

Sonoma Regional Park

Babies! aww

Novato, CA Calalilies

Moving on to Goleta, CA my fave of the trip.

And finally...Tucson AZ a ride up Mt Lemmom over 5400 vert ft and 45mph on the way down wooyahh

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
botto said:
i'm getting all nostalgic for bluff city, and the peddler rides.

how do you like the urban arts mural next to the rdebirds stadium?
I like it. It really pops out and adds some color. There was a bit in today's paper about some local leader of Al Sharpton's outfit raising he!! about it. He thought the pic of the lady with a gold tooth was a stereotype. Then he found out she is a real person and now he's all for it. I'll tell Hal and the boys you miss them. I sure enjoy seeing your reports from the other side of the pond.

Edit; The Tue Thr morning rides are now getting up to 70 people and are so fast that Hal gets dropped.

·
GeoCyclist
655 Posts
Tandem cycling in Oman 2nd - 10th April

I'll get a ride report posted later on, but here are a few photos from my April cycling vacation in Oman.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts