Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title of the thread sez; are all Cannondales made in the U.S.A.? Someone mentioned in a different thread that the Synapse Carbon was made in China. I thought all Cannondales are made in America!

I would be grateful for a simple answer. Thank you and good night.

· Registered
62 Posts
All bikes except the carbon Synapse are made in the USA. Though I thought the carbon Synapse I think is made in Taiwan, not China. As far as I know, the only domestic manufacturer of full-carbon frames in the US is Trek, although rumor has it that Cannondale is working to offer an American-made full-carbon bike in the near future.

· Banned
3,317 Posts
Personally, I feel a lot more comfortable knowing a carbon bike is made in Taiwan. They've been doing it so much longer. Look at Martec. They have over 20 years of experience with carbon.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gracias. . .

Thank you all for your replys.

I took a look at the post I read earlier and yes, the guy did mention it was Taiwan and not China making the frames.

SO, most American Carbon frames are more likely to be manufactured in Taiwan? That is besides Trek of course. However I noticed there are many custom bike builders who use carbon in the United States and all over. Yet I don't think any of these builders actually make their own carbon tubing, most likely they are being supplied by Columbus of Italy.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Most of Cannondale carbon forks were made oversea.

· Registered
1,611 Posts
If your frame says "HAND MADE IN USA", it's made in the USA, e.g., CAAD8, Six13.

If it doesn't say that, it's not made in the USA. The Synapse lacks that logo and it is made in Taiwan -- nothing per se wrong with that as Giant manufactures in Taiwan and even Colnago is starting to sub-contract out there.

But look carefully at the inside portion of the Slice premium fork -- it says "MADE IN CHINA."

· Registered
215 Posts
From what I heard, any OCLV frame is made in the USA. The carbon frames that are not OLCV (TCT) are made overseas. If you look at the new trek lineup, the 5200, which is still OLCV, says "Handmade in the USA" and the 5000 (made from TCT Carbon) lacks this insignia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.