Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See photo below. I'm considering rotating the saddle rail cradle 180° to decrease offset. Is this type of cradle specifically designed to be rotated to increase/decrease offset?

No information is provided in the user manual. I've emailed the manufacturer for input, but I'm also curious about this type of design in general, as I'm looking at a few seat posts to dial in fit on a few bikes.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Edit: In this case, the manufacturer got back to me and recommended against reversing the cradle (Roval Alpinist seatpost). I guess not surprising as makers would tout offset adjustability if they were specifically designed to do so.

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Vehicle Grey Automotive exterior

·
Registered
21,675 Posts
See photo below. I'm considering rotating the saddle rail cradle 180° to decrease offset. Is this type of cradle specifically designed to be rotated to increase/decrease offset?

No information is provided in the user manual. I've emailed the manufacturer for input, but I'm also curious about this type of design in general, as I'm looking at a few seat posts to dial in fit on a few bikes.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Edit: In this case, the manufacturer got back to me and recommended against reversing the cradle (Roval Alpinist seatpost). I guess not surprising as makers would tout offset adjustability if they were specifically designed to do so.
Regardless of manufacturer's recommendation, it might not even work. Have you tried it? Also have to ask why you think you might need such a radical change in saddle position.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regardless of manufacturer's recommendation, it might not even work. Have you tried it? Also have to ask why you think you might need such a radical change in saddle position.
I did not try to flip the cradle as I was waiting to get some input on whether it is advisable. Since I got a definitive answer from the manufacturer, I'll pass on that hack.

Regarding fit, for this particular seatpost, I was considering moving it to a slightly larger bike with a longer reach and slacker seat tube angle, so no radical change is involved. I'll most likely go with an inline seatpost for that bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts