Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can both brands at cost so i am wondering. How about Minora?
I just a need decent pair for the summer rain season. This will be my first experience with rollers. Just getting tired of using a tranier and switching wheels...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
I just a need decent pair for the summer rain season. This will be my first experience with rollers. Just getting tired of using a tranier and switching wheels...

Thanks!!
Don't know about their rollers, but CycleOps makes top notch trainers. I would think that their rollers would be high quality as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got a pair of the CycleOps Al Rollers and I'm quite happy with them. Nothing special, but they get the job done well. Resistance is slightly higher than other rollers I've ridden (Both without extra resistance), although, at higher speeds, the resistance is a lot lower than out on the road (due to no wind resistance), I'm able to get up to and hold over 90km/h/~55mph for about a minute. If a few extra bucks isn't a big deal, I'd opt for the Al Roller w/ Resistance.
2 nice things about CycleOps rollers is that they're pretty low to the ground and also nice and wide.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I picked up a set of CycleOps resistance rollers off of eBay at a great price and have been really happy with them. They are well made, with features that work and they are holding up nicely to steady use. Definitley no complaints.

·
Registered
37 Posts
llvllatt said:
I've got a pair of the CycleOps Al Rollers and I'm quite happy with them. Nothing special, but they get the job done well. Resistance is slightly higher than other rollers I've ridden (Both without extra resistance), although, at higher speeds, the resistance is a lot lower than out on the road (due to no wind resistance), I'm able to get up to and hold over 90km/h/~55mph for about a minute. If a few extra bucks isn't a big deal, I'd opt for the Al Roller w/ Resistance.
2 nice things about CycleOps rollers is that they're pretty low to the ground and also nice and wide.
I too have the CycleOps Al Rollers and have no problems with them (they perform satisfactorily)...I'm just amazed that you're able to reach about 55mph on them...my fastest is only about 34mph. :-(

It's more practice and training on rollers for me, I guess. And more confidence that I can go faster. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I own the Elite Parabolic rollers, and I could not be happier with them. They are smooth, and very quiet (especially compared to my Cycleops Fluid2 Trainer).

rmp

·
Endorphin Junkie
203 Posts
DIRT BOY said:

Thanks!!
I've been using a set of Minoura rollers for probaby around 10 years, and I have had no problems with them. They get used most weekends and some weeknights from Nov. to March when it's too cold and nasty outside to do anything else. I would recommend some sort of drag unit, magnetic, fluid or wind, so that you don't spin out in top gear. Or, you can drop the pressure in your tires about 10-15psi, which will create a lot of drag.

If you get one of those "sweat nets" that attaches to the handlebars and seatpost, it will not only catch your drips, but act as a slight steering damper. The smoother the drums, the more you'll appreciate this until you get used to riding on rollers. My first set of rollers had lathe-turned PVC drums, with a slightly knurled texture to the surface. They were a lot easier to remain centered on than the smooth metal drums on the Minouras.

Have fun!

Kathy :^)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts