Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Nike Disco jersey's Euro or American sized? I want a 2005 Disco jersey before they are gone. The 2006 jerseys are yuck, too bland. I seem to remember (not sure though) that they are race cut but American sized. Could someone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

Mark

G

·
I have spoken to the boys at Trek about this and all the team and TdF jerseys are euro sized whilst almost everything else they make, Nike-labeled, is American sized.

I have a couple of the tdf jerseys in large and ordered some of the new Pro HC jerseys in that same size. Big mistake. They were huge, and the mediums were more appropriate.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Bdaghisallo said:
I have spoken to the boys at Trek about this and all the team and TdF jerseys are euro sized whilst almost everything else they make, Nike-labeled, is American sized.
Are you talking about Nike gear in general, or only the made-in-Italy stuff that the OP was asking about?

All of the Italian Nike jerseys (team and plain) that I've seen is on the small side of USA fit (similar to Assos or Castelli), but definately bigger than the traditional Euro fit like Santini. Italian shorts are about 1 full size smaller than USA brands like Pearl Izumi.

·
Soul Mining
390 Posts
I tried on a made-in-Italy Nike jersey and it was surely a Euro cut based on my experience with jerseys. Whether or not it is slightly smaller than the USA cut and slightly larger than the Euro I am not sure, but it definitely felt like a Euro fit to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There seem to be a couple sources for the disco jerseys. Here in Canada it is next to impossible to find the Italian ones which are sized european. The majority here are made in Mexico and are sized for US.

Both of them are genuine, but I do believe the Italian ones are a tad better. As for the Disco bibs/shorts, I've only found the Italian ones here which are made by Giordana.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Depends.

There does seem to be more than one sizing chart for these. The one on Trek's site is for U.S. sizing. If you were to order from overseas, then the sizing is Euro. The jerseys probably aren't the same. Nike used to only have Euro sizing. Once U.S. consumers began to complain about the sizing differences, the fact a U.S. XL is not a Euro XL, they started to change their ways. I'm glad they did. Now bigger riders like me, 45" chest, could possibly purchase Nike cyling clothing without it fitting so awful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.