Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mrs is riding an old Orbea, and is ready to upgrade to something new and light.

Orbea has Campy 9 speed, my bikes are campy 11 speed, so ideally we'd get her something that has 11 Speed. So I can steal her parts if needed :)

I'm having a hard time finding
a) Women's bikes with Campy.
b) Frame's for women. Most are sold as complete bikes with Sram or maybe Shimano.

Thanks..

·
Cathedral City, CA
910 Posts
Several years ago, Orbea had a deal that you could buy one of their frames and have it built and delivered with Campagnolo, Shimano or SRAM. Have they discontinued that practice?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
problem...

Very few OEM bikes come with Campy, so you're wasting your time looking. If you want a Campy equipped bike, you'll probably need to build it yourself. As for "women's" frames, they may or may not differ significantly from a men's frame. Sometimes the TT length is 1cm shorter, but not always.

To make an informed purchase, you need the TT length, STA and head tube length of your current frame, plus the stem length and total head tube length, with the headset and spacers. With that info, a frame with a similar fit can be found. If you budget is low, then you won't find a frame-only being sold. Frames only are usually limited to higher end models.

·
Cathedral City, CA
910 Posts
Bianchi also, but I don't know if that included the women's specific frames...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.