Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Don't worry about it.

A 29er is just a fat tire 700c which as everyone knows is Road!
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
Hahaha.

I think she had an 'incident' so.... Prolly not.
 

·
your text here
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i read on her blog she rammed her ribs into a tree. and a few other things that make me think she might be on the road less.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
weltyed said:
i read on her blog she rammed her ribs into a tree. and a few other things that make me think she might be on the road less.
Yeapp she did.

Luckily the bike was ok or she'd have to fork out $$ too. Well and, she's fine too. Or so she says.

Wonder if she'll get that bike now.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts

·
Anti-Hero
Joined
·
10,343 Posts
Hey- that was just a demo bike! It's not mine b/c if it were, it'd have SRAM on it and not Shimano :D

But no, you aren't losing me, I've just had a change of heart when it comes to road racing. It took some time and soul searching to figure out that I enjoy it a lot, but not enough to sacrifice my sanity in the way that I have been doing over the last few months. Turns out that if you don't have that type of dedication, then you can't be very competitive at the level that I was headed towards. So, I'll still be road racing, but just whenever and wherever I feel like it!

As far as bikes go, I bought my BH Connect frame from the Metro Volkswagen team because I love it so much, and I'm selling my Blue frames to make $$ (and room) for a mountain bike so I can get into a bit of adventure racing and other stuff. One run-in with a tree isn't gonna keep me down by any means!

So yes, I gave away a near free ride to road race for this. Now I'm sponsored by a local area shop in Memphis (Bikes Plus), which is great not because of the sponsorship perks, but because I can prettymuch follow whatever athletic/competitive endeavor I choose rather than being corralled into one discipline. I figured out that this, at least to me, worth much more than any amount of free stuff given to me to do something that's becoming less fun with each day.

P.S. This post is too serious, so all further replies must be accompanied by a funny photo.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Andrea138 said:
P.S. This post is too serious, so all further replies must be accompanied by a funny photo.
don't end up like this....

 

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
So, the important question, are you doing Downers Grove this year or not?
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Hey- that was just a demo bike! It's not mine b/c if it were, it'd have SRAM on it and not Shimano :D

But no, you aren't losing me, I've just had a change of heart when it comes to road racing. It took some time and soul searching to figure out that I enjoy it a lot, but not enough to sacrifice my sanity in the way that I have been doing over the last few months. Turns out that if you don't have that type of dedication, then you can't be very competitive at the level that I was headed towards. So, I'll still be road racing, but just whenever and wherever I feel like it!

As far as bikes go, I bought my BH Connect frame from the Metro Volkswagen team because I love it so much, and I'm selling my Blue frames to make $$ (and room) for a mountain bike so I can get into a bit of adventure racing and other stuff. One run-in with a tree isn't gonna keep me down by any means!

So yes, I gave away a near free ride to road race for this. Now I'm sponsored by a local area shop in Memphis (Bikes Plus), which is great not because of the sponsorship perks, but because I can prettymuch follow whatever athletic/competitive endeavor I choose rather than being corralled into one discipline. I figured out that this, at least to me, worth much more than any amount of free stuff given to me to do something that's becoming less fun with each day.

P.S. This post is too serious, so all further replies must be accompanied by a funny photo.
You need emotional distance.

//Good on you for figuring things out.

Here's a picture as per request/demand.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
Andrea138 said:
No, just bruised some ribs. Right now I can ride as long as I don't try to stand going uphill or sprinting.
I think Creaky was referencing Armstrong's crash in the Vuelta Castilla y León today that left him with a clean clavicle fracture.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
Creakyknees said:
and here's a pole-dancing bear.

Whaa???

Pretty cool but I wonder if it's altered/firstraxed/edited etc.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top