Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Short Question:
Am thinking of buying a set of Mavic Krysium ES.
But was wondering if there is really a difference between these wheels and the Bontranger Race Lites?? Reviews have them reportin a similar score... :confused: :confused:

G_Man

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
G_Man said:
Short Question:
Am thinking of buying a set of Mavic Krysium ES.
But was wondering if there is really a difference between these wheels and the Bontranger Race Lites?? Reviews have them reportin a similar score... :confused: :confused:
In answer to your title, I'd say no. If you want to get some nice wheels I'd have one of the good builders here (or elsewhere) put together a custom set for you... cheaper, lighter... and one of kind.

·
pinoy thunder
341 Posts
If you race, you can add a couple of hundred bucks to that budget and get yourself some deep carbon tubbies. That will make a difference.
If you're a rec rider, those bonties are good enough.

·
Registered
841 Posts
What's the money mean to you?

The Mavic wheels and the Bonty wheels are not identical, which does not answer the question whether you should prefer one or the other or something else entirely. I have factory road wheelsets from both Mavic and Campy and have been very pleased with them, but I didn't pay anything close to retail when I got them, much less current US retail. At a grand, or even 600 bucks, I'd get something else entirely, but the wheels are very good wheels IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.