Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somehow i "feel" women more inclined to do justice and less affected by personal wealth and security issues when applying law. i believe they are better judges, deputies even marshalls and sheriffs. there is a higher sense of humanity in women although they occasionally become monsters too. what do u think?

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
you mean they dont suffer from Hubris ? (sarca$$m)

Webster: in classical Greek ethical and religious thought, overweening presumption suggesting impious disregard of the limits governing human action in an orderly universe. It is the sin to which the great and gifted are most susceptible

Bonkmiester: perhaps the "original sin" ???..... which is not gender specific, as are bike shorts ...

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
colker1 said:
somehow i "feel" women more inclined to do justice and less affected by personal wealth and security issues when applying law. i believe they are better judges, deputies even marshalls and sheriffs. there is a higher sense of humanity in women although they occasionally become monsters too. what do u think?
colker, are you hoping that Brazilian Federale chick is checking out this board again?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Can't make general statements......

colker1 said:

some of the most vindictive, emotional, things I have ever seen have been by women.........as in most things, there are really good and really bad........gotta judge it by the individual.

Len

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Nope, just corrupt in a different way.

colker1 said:

While acknowledging that all generalities are false I will make one anyway. Men tend to be corrupt in larger ways then women. They go after the big play for money or power. Women tend to be corrupt in smaller ways, on a more individual level.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Len J said:
some of the most vindictive, emotional, things I have ever seen have been by women.........
Len
Agreed but that does not equate at all to corrupt in the sense that colker was referring...

I can't classify this one since I've seen the best and worst in both men and women...it's quite possible that men seem more corrupt because there are more men in positions of power to become corrupt...

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
colker1 said:
Regardless of sex...since power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It's almost impossible to compare cause women haven't been in the majority of power postitions during modern history.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
spyderman said:
Regardless of sex...since power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It's almost impossible to compare cause women haven't been in the majority of power postitions during modern history.
statistics won't help determine anything.. it's one fo those what if and maybe few experiences that would be used as an example.
i could say bribe offers could feel more offensive to a female cop, when thrown in by mencause there's a parallell w/ prostitution: selling yourself. women need respect. they are more concerned w/ respect than men.
otoh, men are providers.. they can easily justify bribery w/ family responsabilities. although once women occupy power, the whole provider tradition will change.
men control their emotions better but sometimes an emotional judgement is necessary.
men have less of a problem w/ going to war. women are first concerned w/ keeping their children alive.. now that's maybe THE issue at stake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts