Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are you supposed to cheer for in a bull fight?

I'm watching Greatest Sports Disasters and the as the bull was stomping the matador into the dirt I found myself cheering it. Same thing when another bull jumped into the stands and started stomping spectators.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
KenB said:
Who are you supposed to cheer for in a bull fight?

I'm watching Greatest Sports Disasters and the as the bull was stomping the matador into the dirt I found myself cheering it. Same thing when another bull jumped into the stands and started stomping spectators.
I'd cheer for the bull, too. It's not a fight, it's a killing. Good for the bull.

PS - I'm not an animal rights person--I'm just stating the obvious. The bull always loses. Except when he smashes the head of the matador. :D

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I'd cheer for the bull, too. It's not a fight, it's a killing. Good for the bull.

PS - I'm not an animal rights person--I'm just stating the obvious. The bull always loses. Except when he smashes the head of the matador. :D

Agreed, I LOVE watching bull riding, the PBR rocks, but that's different completely. There the bull gets treated like a superstar, and gets the chance to seriously punish the rider.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
physasst said:
Agreed, I LOVE watching bull riding, the PBR rocks, but that's different completely. There the bull gets treated like a superstar, and gets the chance to seriously punish the rider.
Yup, rodeo is totally different. The bull definitely has the upper hand there and isn't killed just for the fun of it afterwards.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
I cheer for the bull. I think its normal.
Matador = Nancy boy coward.
Bull Rider = F'n crazy. Almost Chuck Norris.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
KenB said:
Yup, rodeo is totally different. The bull definitely has the upper hand there and isn't killed just for the fun of it afterwards.
Nah, they take the bull to the butcher after a bullfight and he's eaten. Bullfighting is ingrained in Spainish culture.

I always root for the bull. It's not like it really has a chance. Considering the bull gets hit by the three picadillos (picadores) and speared by the guy on the horse before he even sees the matador.

There was this Mexican bull fighter we saw in Spain that would turn his back on the bull and drop to his knees. Gutsiest move I've ever seen. The crowd loved him.

Having seen it once, I don't ever need to see it again.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
when I found out the bull gets pre-stabbed I was quite dissappointed. I cheer for the bull. Hemingway once said "the only 3 real sports are bull fighting, rock climbing and race car driving".(or something like that)

what's quite fun to watch is the running of the bulls...some crazy mofo's over there...

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Yep

spyderman said:
Nah, they take the bull to the butcher after a bullfight and he's eaten. Bullfighting is ingrained in Spainish culture.

I always root for the bull. It's not like it really has a chance. Considering the bull gets hit by the three picadillos (picadores) and speared by the guy on the horse before he even sees the matador.

There was this Mexican bull fighter we saw in Spain that would turn his back on the bull and drop to his knees. Gutsiest move I've ever seen. The crowd loved him.

Having seen it once, I don't ever need to see it again.

agreed, can't stand that either...I'm a diehard hunter and *******, but that's not even sporting, it's just killing to kill. No honor. I love watching the PBR though. Justin McBride and those guys are so friggin nuts, and the bulls get royal treatment. Some of them get bottled water when on the road, they get top grade feed, round the clock vet care, and if a rider cuts them with his spurs, they get fined-rather heavily. Chuck Norris couldn't even hold a candle to what those guys do every day.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
when I found out the bull gets pre-stabbed I was quite dissappointed. I cheer for the bull. Hemingway once said "the only 3 real sports are bull fighting, rock climbing and race car driving".(or something like that)

what's quite fun to watch is the running of the bulls...some crazy mofo's over there...

Hemingway was big on boxing and bicycle racing. But then he was big too on getting drunk and heading into some Caribbean port town and starting a fight with somebody just for kicks.

Ernie thought he should sign up for the war too because it'd be "good experience."

All sorts of arguments present themselves against logic like that.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Well, the bulls get their payback at Pamalona (sp?).

I cheer for the bulls there too.

I would love to try that one day, anyone else?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Bull is severly worn out

by the time the matador gets involved. stuck a bunch of times by the picadores and speared by the guys on horseback as stated. I can't imagine wanting to eat the meat of an animal that was in a death struggle. all the adrenaline and pain killing endorphines gotta mess with the meat. Not a fan, and like hunting it ain't a sport cause in sports both sides know they are playing and the ignorant side doesn't wind up dead.
pull for the bull everytime. loved when it went after the crowd. without their support there would be none of this. yes deeply ingrained in the Spanish Culture but so was Gladiator Fights, Feeding Christians to the lions, Human v. Animal Fights to the Romans.(which Bull Fighting is the last vestige of). Just cause it's tradition doesn't make it right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.