Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know much about this bike besides being the bike that was ridden in the Kona and broke the record on the bike leg. I am interested in doing triathlons and there are not many reviews on the bike. I like the fact it is stiff and nice looking and a pretty good price for a pro level bike. I still need to test ride and get fitted but if all goes well are there any comments you may like to add, i would like to hear your opinion, thanks.

· Registered
296 Posts
Awesome Bike

I got an Argon 18 about three monthes ago, The bikes first Tri is in two weeks. The bike has earned a nickname, Rocketship!! It is an absolute thrill every time I train on it. I can't do a century on it yet but I am looking forward to the day that I do an Iron distance with it. Not to say that any other bike wouldn't give the same thrill, but I love it.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the bike built up with e.g. Dura-Ace, Ultegra, Zpps or Hed etc. Also what seat are you using, i just rode two long rides in a row and i'm still recovering from knee surgery so my @ss and knee are sore at the moment, it's been a while since i've been in the saddle.

· Registered
296 Posts
Argon 18 setup

I'm running Ultegra, Carbon Strike aero bars , Fi'zik Arione Saddle and the old Mavic Cosmic wheels. I'm very happy with this saddle on my Roadbike but the verdict is still out on the Argon. I am 45 years old and still working on a comfortable Aero Position but this long saddle does come in handy because you can slide around on it quite a bit.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds very nice. I have an Orbea Orca and i'm waiting to see how the knee performs in the next 4 weeks then if all goes well i'll order my Argon immediately. If you can and don't mind i would love to see some pics of your bike.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"the bike that was ridden in the Kona and broke the record on the bike leg."
FYI.....Bikes do not break records, riders break records.
"It's the legs, baby."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.