Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It's a Sledgehammer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of these around lately and they are a real nice looking bike. The ones I've seen are full CF. I have no idea of the hiearchy of models in thier lineup. I'm interested... anyone know anything 'bout them? Quality? ride?

·
Slowpoke
73 Posts
downunder said:
And are they made in Asia or Canada?
As far as I know, they are made in Asia but designed in Canada. The Gallium, Platinum, Helium and Krypton are their carbon frame road bikes. They also have Ti and aluminium frames. That's just their road bikes. They also make a TT frame, cyclocross and junior size frames.
I bought a Platinum this winter and it seriously rocks! Here's a link to their site: http://www.argon18bike.com/en/index.htm

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Argon 18 Platinum

I called ARGON 18 sometime ago when I was researching this bike maker and their carbon bikes are indeed made in Asia. I almost pulled the trigger back in 2004 with Bob at aroadbike4u.com but opted for a Pinarello. Anyway, I hepled a friend zero in the Platinum. He was coming off a 2002 Trek 5200 and was planning to get a lighter bike. So, he chose the Platinum. He finished building it over the winter and since then he's put about 500 miles on it... still wet behind the ears since his 5200 roughly rolls 12,000-14,000 miles a year.

Here's his ride:

Joe

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
Argon 18 is on my list of possible future purchases and I see a few around town on a regular basis. I had a friend who bought one a year or so ago and he liked it a lot.

·
Slowpoke
73 Posts
The The said:
Argon 18 is on my list of possible future purchases and I see a few around town on a regular basis. I had a friend who bought one a year or so ago and he liked it a lot.
If you're ever headed to Vancouver, PM me and we'll go for a ride. I'll use my winter bike and you can try the Platinum.

·
Slowpoke
73 Posts
Very stylish with the matte finish. I was lucky and was able to get one of their last 2005 models in the same finish. All the new ones are glossy. Mine is unusual in having an unpainted head tube and a painted seat tube. It may have been one they used to evaluate possible new paint schemes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts