Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding Arione's for a bit and recently noticed (after some numbing issues) that the shell on both of them has cracked. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Arione's.

I like being able to use the saddle in multiple positions and the ease that you can slide around on it a bit. I've never been a fan of one position saddles. I wouldn't mind adding a cutout as it seems that it cannot hurt to have it.

Any recommendations on a saddle that would be similar in feel and features to the Arione but a little less prone to cracking?

Thanks,

Zach
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,863 Posts
Colorado Cyclist has a Arione knock-off, it's called a Apex ($29.99). It has the same shape, but without the WingFlex. It has an anatomic nose relief. I tried one but my rear did not agree with the foam rubber cover. That's not saying it won't work for you. Bike Nashbar also has a couple of saddles with the extended length. Neuvation has some saddles similar to the Arione, with a guarantee. All those saddles are made by Velo.


I have a Regal mounted on my old Colnago that works well. It's long, but wide. I don't know how it would work for numbness.

There is also the Fizik Gobi, Nashbar has factory seconds for around $90.00.

Or maybe you need to get away from that design. Arione's tend to be on the soft side. You might need a firmer saddle.
 

· Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,886 Posts
Qstick333 said:
I have been riding Arione's for a bit and recently noticed (after some numbing issues) that the shell on both of them has cracked. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Arione's.

I like being able to use the saddle in multiple positions and the ease that you can slide around on it a bit. I've never been a fan of one position saddles. I wouldn't mind adding a cutout as it seems that it cannot hurt to have it.

Any recommendations on a saddle that would be similar in feel and features to the Arione but a little less prone to cracking?

Thanks,

Zach
SLR is pretty similar shape, but not as long as the Arione.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
SLR is pretty similar shape, but not as long as the Arione.

I'll check into the SLR - I didn't realize they could be multi-positional. I don't think the Arione is that long - most of the extended length seems to be at the very back, which is unusable unless you have a crazy position...

Zach
 

· Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,886 Posts
Qstick333 said:
I'll check into the SLR - I didn't realize they could be multi-positional. I don't think the Arione is that long - most of the extended length seems to be at the very back, which is unusable unless you have a crazy position...

Zach
Didn't read your post that close...the SLR isn't really that multi-positional IMO...not long enough, but the shape is similar. You might look into a Flite...they tend to be longer.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,177 Posts
try out the toupe 143. the perfect saddle. My airone was pretty awesome all year last year. but about 6 weeks into this spring riding season, it got very uncomfortable. The shop near me loaned me the toupe, I road it twice for 2 and 3 hours. Its awesome.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Same saddle at Price Point for $5 less

Dinosaur said:
Colorado Cyclist has a Arione knock-off, it's called a Apex ($29.99). It has the same shape, but without the WingFlex. It has an anatomic nose relief. I tried one but my rear did not agree with the foam rubber cover. That's not saying it won't work for you. Bike Nashbar also has a couple of saddles with the extended length. Neuvation has some saddles similar to the Arione, with a guarantee. All those saddles are made by Velo.
Price Point has the exact same saddle as Colorado Cyclist for $24.98, its called the Sonic

:thumbsup:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top